Are these symptoms of my anxiety?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to see if anyone can relate, I have health anxiety but recently have been getting symptoms such as numb limbs/pins and needles, hearing my heartbeat in my head, nerves twitching and muscle aches and shakyness. These seem to be a constant rather than just happening when I'm having a panick attack or worrying. Are these symptoms of my anxiety? 

Thanks 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes mate all very common symptoms the more you think about them the longer they will stay with you! Try to relax and ignor! Simon
  • Posted

I would say so. Anxiety throws up so many nasty symptoms.

i get ALL those symptoms plus dizzyness too.

• Posted

Hi Holly,  

These can be symptoms of anxiety, I get these symptoms with it.

Have you seen your dr ?  Always best to get checked anyway.

But I do know you can definitely get this with anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thanks guys, I've been to the doc and had blood tests which came back all normal so I'm assuming it's my anxiety smile 
  • Posted

Yes! I have been back and forth to ky GP and she has not once told me that all these symptoms are anxiety, but now i am having CBT and the therapist has explained it all in simple terms that i understand i am actually feeling positive for the first time in about a year !!! 
    • Posted

Oh that is really good news Tracey, I'm glad you have started to feel positive, that's the way to go. Keep heading in that direction x
    • Posted

Thanks Tina... This is an excellent place to get a little bit of support and reassurance when you are caught up in the whole " am i going mad" cycle... We all get there in the end but it can be frightening along the way and we need all the support we can get, not just from family and friends, but people who have experienced the same
    • Posted

Couldn't agree with you more Tracie 😊 I will be coming on here daily, so if you ever need to talk it's fine with me 
  • Posted

Hi, definately sounds like anxiety symptons they can be scary sad

I hope you feel better soon, I would recommend seeing your GP for some advice and possible medication to help

• Posted

hi holly.

Anxiety primarily can be debilitating and yes usually there are many types of physical symptoms. the problem is as we become anxious we highten our physical awareness which then in turns leads to the manifestation of physical pain, heart artythmia and like in your case weakness of limbs.

The more we ignore the issue though the worse it can become. I myself used to get in to such a state my face muscles would freez and I withdrew more and more from group situations in the fear of being noticed.

What you must do is to confront the issue head on but first make sure your doctor has ruled out any mediacal conditions that may well be a precursor to an underlying illness.

I strongly suggest that you should ask your doctor to be refered to CBT ( Cognitive Behavuriol Therapy ) this will help you manage your condition to the point your quality of life will improve. allass it may not cure you as majority of these types of anxieties never go away but are manageable.

I myself have been through this and can tell you although I am not cured of my anxiety I am however managing it to the degree I do not require drugs and use technics on a daily basis that help me cope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.