are these thoughts of schizophrenia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have depression and anxiety. My brother has got schizophrenia since he was 20. I would like to know if these thoughts are schizophrenic: After a night of bad sleep I was driving yesterday around 4 hours and I started having these thoughts about my youngest doughter that all children are alian (refering to British Comedy 'My Family'). I started getting obsessed about why I was thinking this, and maybe I am going to believe it or maybe I am believing it (I know down inside me that this is not true that my doughter is an alien, but why do I think of that and why do I look at her as if she is? I was scared at a moment that I might not accept her as my doughter)

I am going crazy right now. I got so depressed that now I think I have schizophrenia.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think that you have a vivid imagination exacerbated by your anxiety. Be careful not to label yourself with thes e diagnosis as this is very popular thing to do especially if you are mentally ill. I have heard many people self diagnose and talk at length about it. The best thing that you could do is try and improve the situation by trying to think in a more positive way. If you really feel down and anxious see a professional and maybe you need a change of medication. But it is dangerous to speculate about diagnosis as you may think that you are worse than you really are.

regards

richard

• Posted

The good news is your inner voice knows the children are not aliens. Stay with us.
  • Posted

i am a nagetive thinker and always think about my self i always affraid from sereous deseases like cancer ets. Doctor have gave me FLUPENTIXOL 0.5mg with MELITRACEN 10mg after tacking about 6 months .I have cheque my gulucose level.I found  it is above the normal range.120 (fasting and 180 (after two hours of meals) My family have no dibeatic History.before tacking this medicene i have normal blood suger. Now i stopped this medicine. My Question are

!- Is my Gulucose level be normal after leaving this medicine.

2-Is this Side effect on my  system parmanent.?

3. can i treat to become normal level of my gulucose?

• Posted

Hi Burreifort,

As you mentioned, you had a bad night sleep, lack of sleep can make us think really weird things, certainly in my experience- i have vivid dreams that effect the way i think in the day and sometimes wonder whats real! though i do think thats alot to do with my medication!

if your worried, speak to your gp, but i do think, thinking into something too much can drive us a bit crazy, espically as you have the thought of your brother having schizophrenia, will play on your mind!

Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.