Are you ever symptoms free?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to ask whether you have days with this peri, when you are symptoms free? Last month I had few days after my period finished when I felt quite 'normal', I woke one morning relaxed, with quite bit of energy, feeling positive, no pains and aches. But it was literally just few days. I seem to start getting symptoms around ovulation time which for me was always around day 10 or 11 and giving that my period has extended from 4 days to at least 7, it really doesn't leave a big window. I am also no good 10 days leading up to my period and so often there is no break. One of the thing I suffer with is breast tenderness and joint pain. I went to breast clinic, they only examined me saying my breasts are fine, it must be all hormonal, despite I said I was not able to even work out if my discomfort was related to my cycle.it's so frustrating. I wonder how is it for others?

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

That's exactly the same for me, from day 1 through to day 13 or 14 I might as well be a different person because it's horrible. I have a few days where I feel ok and then it's the run up to my period so those few days are blissful.

• Posted

I get a few days where I feel normal. The ovulation time, the days right before and after my cycle are the worst. Hate thinking that this could go on for a few more years.
  • Posted

Hi Daisy...yes definitely happens in peri. My doctor said 2 main signs in peri were mood swings and flushes. I have kept track of symptoms for about 6 months now and my bad week is week 2 of my cycle...about day 9 for about 5 days....i get really down, have hot sweats and anxiety and heartburn. Then I pick up until about 2 days before my period...then I feel a bit flat and teary and tired.

When I am bad I am really bad and then I feel normalish again but I feel wary waiting for the next 'surge'. Its a crappy ride and the worst thing is you don't know when its going to end sad

• Posted

You sound exactly like me!! I could have written that.
  • Posted

Unfortunately, I have not felt normal in a long time. I have been having peri symptoms for about six years and it's been about four years since I can recall having normal days in between my cycles. I long for the day that I can feel normal again.
    • Posted

I have come to redefine my normal now. Normal now is constipation, anxiety, fatigue, depression, aching muscles....sometimes all in one day!

I am surprised when I actually wake up feeling ok now on the rare occasions ...that is now abnormal ironically lol

• Posted

It's so good to hear that someone is going through the same as me. I literally just get through the days. I can't remember what normal is.  I just pray it will all pass one day.
    • Posted

I can so relate to that! It is abnormal to feel "good" these days. I may have a few "feel good" moments in a day but it's so short-lived that I hardly notice them.
    • Posted

I can so identify with you on this, I always expect the worst and get the odd occasional day when I feel normal but these don't come as often as I would like🙁
  • Posted

I don't have any good days. The worst is the dizziness and off balance feeling I have all day everyday. I'm getting an MRI next week. At this point I'm hoping they find something so I can get down to the cause of it.
    • Posted

I know what you mean....i rarely have great days..in fact I can't remember the last time I woke up and thought I feel great today. I was reading the paper today and there was an article on ovarian cancer...and because I feel so achy and yuk today I start thinking 'maybe I have that?' I have 7 of the 10 symptoms! I am due for a pelvic ultrasound this week....is that how you see if you have it?

I have bloating, indigestion, fatigue, urinary frequency, constipation and pelvic aches and pains!

But then I get told these are peri symptoms.

I had an ultrasound last year and everything was good?

• Posted

I think it is pelvic ultrasound that shows it. I had it done last year.

I know, all these symptoms we have in peri makes me think I have something more going on. My brain starts catastrophizing. I have an MRI Monday for the dizzy, off balance just to rule things out. I truly wish I was about 15 years older and be passed all this.

• Posted

Good luck with the MRI...I am sure it will be fine. I have the dizziness and spacy feeling a lot. I feel like I am drunk.

I have my breast scan may 16 then go back to doc to discuss HRT. Fingers crossed all is ok....i have a friend who had no lumps and went for first mammogram and found out she had breast cancer.

She had chemo and at the moment ok but its a bit scary. I always catastrophise when I am anxious. Deep breaths here we come smile

• Posted

Good luck on scan. That's good to get it before HRT. Doctors here, the ones I've gone to don't even do them before HRT. Let us know how it goes.
    • Posted

Thanks...you too...let us know how you go with the MRI smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.