Argh !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a fairly good pain symptom free month. Tonight I'm in bed with spasms and itching over from the co codomol I took for the pain. I also feel spaced out and dizzy too. 

So as you all know I've had ultrasounds, and a HIDA scan. Various tests and apparantly my gall bladder is working ok. 

I just wish someone could tell me what I experienced today is. 

This is the story.  I stupidly ate a dark chocolate rice pudding for my lunch yesterday. Almost half an hour after I got what felt like was a stitch type pain under my left breast and down my left arm. It lasted about an hour then subsided. 

I didn't feel like eating anything else for the rest of the day. Today I woke up with no appetite and then I tried to eat a plain jacket potato for dinner tonight. I did have a hot chocolate lunchtime too. ( again chocolate hmm) after that the spasms started. It's right in middle and to the right mg my upper stomach. The pain almost floors me. It stops me and takes my breath away. It is like someone squeezing a sponge in and out but in my stomach. I've had loose stools I day too as opposed to my usual hard small stools. I'm now lying in bed after taking 2 co codomol for the pain. Which hasn't helped much. The docs say my gb is working on. So what is this ???? What is this gripping pain that gets me every so often ( I think post chocolate) although not sure. I'm just crying tonight as I feel like no one is listening or believing me. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very similar to my sympton's.  Mine turned out to be pancreatitis caused by a stone from my gallbladder stuck in my common bile duct. It's taken a long time to work this out and it's been horrendous. I had my op last Thursday and I'm so happy.  It might be something to mention  x good luck . I really do sympathise 
  • Posted

Hi Kim, think it might be a good idea to ring111 and ask for advice, it could be any thing as symptoms for gut etc can all sound similar. Would not like to advise youas think could give wrong info. As you have had this in past then someone needs to listen to you as we know our own bodies. I have had good use of 111, and feelfor you especially as its making you cry. So please ring 111 and see if they can help. Let me know how you get on. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Kim

Have they looked at your pancreas? This is in the same area! Pancreatitis is another one that gives really bad pain when it acts up.  If you look up the symptoms on here it may give you some clues?!

• Posted

O dear! have they checked your heart at all? Women have a different symptom check list for heart pain and heart attack than typically listed.  Also, with the chocolate involved it makes me wonder if you have heart burn or Barretts esophagus? Maybe try some over the counter prilosec for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference.  Just let them know how you are suffering, keep a pain journal and a food journal.  I hope you feel better soon!
  • Posted

Hi Kim!  poor you!  to me it sounds very much like gaul stones. think you should go back to hospital and get them to give you more tests.  take care.  Val.
  • Posted

Hi Kim!  Poor you!  Think you should be referred back to the hospital for more tests.  Sounds to me its very much like the gaul bladder.  Take care.  Val.
  • Posted

I've had my gall bladder, liver and pancreas checked by ultrasound. I also had a HIDA scan done specifically to check my gall bladder is working properly. It supposedly came back normal. Although I've seen the report, no doctor has bothered to explain the results to me. It said something about an ejection fraction rate of 53% in first hour then after eating something fatty it was 84%. I have no idea if that's good or bad but the doc says it's normal. 

The only thing they have found is a small cyst on my liver which is called an echo free cyst which means it's empty and has nothing inside it. The doc says it's totally benign and harmless so leave alone. But these attacks when they happen floor me for three days. I can't eat anything, I'm tired, and my stomach hurts and worst I get our these spasms or waves of pain which go on for about 20 seconds then eases. But they make me sweat and it hurts like mad. So tell me that's nothing and all is well. It's rubbish. I am a nurse I'm going to get another series of blood work done tomorrow just to see if there's anything showing up. 

• Posted

Hi Kim!  Think your very wise to get more blood taken, as there's got to be something more than what they're telling you.  Keep us informed, and good luck.  Val.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.