Arm Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Have any of experienced arm pain that sometimes goes into the shoulder and upper chest and back area? It comes and goes as does a lot of these peri symptoms but of course when they return it is usually with such a vengeance! This, no doubt, triggers my anxiety and the thought that something is wrong with me. I am so tired of these crazy symptoms butting into my life!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get this classic sign of anxiety caused by peri & hormones, declining estrogen effects joints and fluctuating cortisol caused by anxiety causing muscle tension

Try relaxation, deep breathing helps and keep moving

• Posted

Thanks Woo3353! At least I know I'm not alone. I figured it was due to stress and anxiety. My seven year old son had surgery yesterday and we were at the hospital for what seemed to be an eternity! He's home and recuperating now but just going through that process was a tremendous strain.

• Posted

One thing I have learnt is anxiety thrives on being under pressure and stressed, if I do something to occupy myself I don't feel aches, but guess what they come back as soon as I think about them.

If you are peri it means you still experience PMT even if you have no periods or are irregular and us women know these can be a nightmare, I often tell younger people I know to stop moaning about having periods because there's possibly worse to come in later life

• Posted

I hope and pray there's not worse to come later. I can't deal with what I get as it is. I need to find something to keep me occupied because I'm at home with my kids and am not working right now and it seems that all I do is focus on my symptoms.

• Posted

I woke up to the worst full leg cramp over 2 hrs ago and soaked it. The challenges of peri
  • Posted

Hi your so not alone on this I have been experiencing this my left shoulder then back then arm also I get a very hot feeling it's almost like in different areas not all over one min my arm the next my shoulder then my back it's weird but it goes away fairly quick it just scared the heck out of me the first time it happened. I'm guessing that it's a part of menopause Lord don't know how much more I can take with this crazy mess good luck hope we can all get through this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.