Armpit & Arm Pain.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 47 next month and two months ago started experiencing one very sore left breast that gets better worse after I ovulate and 90% better after menses starts. I also develop a very painful armpit and arm on the same side as the painful breast. I believe I also have developed an ovarian cyst. Has anyone experienced this in perimenopause or is this completely unrelated?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I have this too, on my left side. I am convinced that this is all part of peri... however, it cannot hurt to have it checked out. Sometimes, it can be reassuring to have the tests, if only to know that other things have been ruled out. Hang in there!!

• Posted

Unfortunately the doc took none of this seriously. Even told me I was too young for any perimenopause symptoms 😦 She would not run any tests and just said she doesn't know why my arm is doing that. I see a new doc tomorrow and will press for tests.

• Posted

Too young for peri??? I am 46 and started 3-4 years ago...

Good thing you are seeing a new doctor - I hope you will be heard!

By the way - I have a sore armpit too. It comes and goes.

• Posted

Sarah, I just turned 40 this Summer. The doctors didn't exactly laugh at me but it was pretty daunting. My grandmother started peri at 30, and my mom started at 38...But I have had so many crazy symptoms, and have had so many tests and nothing seems to be adding up so my family doc is starting to consider hormones. Just this past month I got two periods and my left breast has started producing a small amount of milk. Don't let the doctors make you feel like you don't know your own body. Hugs

• Posted

I get this it's like cramp that can be in my armpit. Had breast examination and screening and all ok.

I also wake with my left arm going numb Dr says it's hormonal.

Get checked for reassurance

• Posted

Angela, I have woken with tingling in that arm, like it had fallen alseep and the circulation was coming back. It is good to know a doc said it is just hormones.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I have gotten pain in left breast into the armpit. I think our lymph nodes run under there and when our hormones are fluctuating it triggers pain. Also, my left ovary acts up more than the right. Jabs of pain while ovulating. Used to happen in my 20s and was told it was mittlesmertze (never can spell it right)...basically cysts bursting and irritating my uterine lining...not harmful, but can be very painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.