Arthrodesiss

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all

honestly can,t thank you all enough for everyone who replied to my previous post. I really would like to find someone who has had an arthrodesis prior to making an going through with a thr operation to try an get some idea of whats ahead. l certainly don,t mean to offend but i am only wanting to speak to someone who has done the change over from a fused, arthrodesised hip to a full replacement thanks. I wouldn't be overly concerned nowadays in going in for a hip replacement if that is just what it was.

When your going over from an arthrodesis to a thr , i think this is a total new field for the doctor. For instance i have 3 broken screws in my mid femur area where the shaft of the hip replacement needs to go. that's one concern. num 2 is there is 7 rods that penetrate the femur into the pelvis to fuse the joint. they've been there for 33 years now an wonder how they will come out. With a bit of trouble i would imagine.

I have asked my doctor these questions an got satisfactorily answers. It's easy for anyone to say anything but when it's being done to yourself, it's a different kettle of fish so to speak. My op is in 4 weeks an am desperately trying to find someone who has gone from arthrodesis to thr.

So please only reply if you have gone through what i am about to go through, thanks kindly to all your previous replies. Just on another note i stumbled across an interesting show on the netflix channel. It's called (The bleeding), i would of much prefered to watch it after my op i think an not before.

Anyway thanks again to all, rgds ian

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.