as one symptom eases another rises to the top

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all really struggling at the moment why is it when one form of anxiety or depression eases theres another one that takes its place.I have really tryed recently to face them head on like i have started playing football after 20 years because of panic attacks and health anxiety. I have made myself go out for drink a couple of times even thou i get social anxiety. The worst thing recently is that i have started to blush alot which is so embarrassing . Also work that i usually enjoy is a nightmare because someone stiring and that has been on my mind constantly for a week now and shows no signs of letting up i try to think of other things but always come back to it. Sorry to go on but really cant take more

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi tom i used to suffer a lot of what you have gone in to detail about. Are you totally againsts medications to help?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for reply im not against medication its just having the courage to go to doctors. No one really knows the full extent of my problems not even my family all thou i did see a therapist last year which helped my agorphobia and health anxiety but like i said other things take there place

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Poor tom i feel for you your in desperate need of medication and the right help . The doctors will see for themselves what they are dealing with. They will refer you to a psychiatrist who will make a decision on what to give you. You would not believe when you start to treat you how much better you will hopefully feel a bit better rather than nothing to help you. I wish you good luck tom. Yours sincerely leigh
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I understand completely how you feel, friend. Anxiety can either cause, or go hand-in-hand with, obsessive patterns of thinking. This means that once something gets in your head it won't leave. Even if the idea or thought is ridiculous and not true, it can stay in your mind incessantly. Have you tried therapy at all? You're clearing experimenting with your own kind of 'exposure therapy', but have you tried CBT? Also, medications may be able to ease your mind a bit and stop these intrusive thoughts. Even if you're against medicine, talk to your doctor. He may be able to prescribe something at a low dose that is non-habit forming. We're here if you need us.

Much love ~

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks nick like my reply to leigh its getting the courage to go to docs i know that sounds stupid but its another hurdle for me .I did see a therapist last year and she helped in certain areas but also seemed to highlight other areas like self esteem and depression as more of a problem

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Tom

You have been working hard to manage your anxiety and it sounds like you are overwhelmed.

Whenevervyou feel someone staring at you, look them in the eyes and smile. Either they will immediately look away and stop staring or they will begin a conversation. I do not like to be stared ar...it makes me feel uncomfortable, like my hair is standing on end.

Blushing...I feel like everyone notices when I blush. Fact is most people do not notice when we blush. But if someone does notice and comment...respond, "it is so hot in here" That will begin a conversation about temperature and your blush will be forgotten.

Breath, all of your hard work is paying off.

kind regards

judith

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up