As soon as I heared about something new that I haven't done I freaked out. Why?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am constantly worrying over my health. And have plenty bad symptons and have done so many tests like ct of head. Ecgs. Echodiagrams. Stress test. Blood tests etc etc. But as soon as I heared just some minutes ago about a full body CT scan they said it shows everything. And my mood instantly went so down like it is for certain that I have something but I haven't done thst crucial test yet. I do not have much money. I am 20. If I get to do that I will have to spend my entire salary of a month and remain without money for the rest of the upcoming month. And it seems that there are risks from doing that. Something should have been found by all of those scans right? Or should I risk it all and go for that full body CT scan?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Sounds like your health anxiety is chronic and whatever tests you have you will always fear they have missed something and your anxiety will tell you there still must be something wrong and you will overthink things until you described something else ( another test) that could be done to put your mind at rest. That's how anxiety works. Our minds never rest looking for the worst case senario and convincing ourselves of the worst, it's called catastrophising. Please don't get yourself into bebt and make your life even harder. Have you looked into counciling or therapy to help you deal with ythe obsessive thoughts. Really feel for you as this constant worrying and horrid thoughts really are so draining. Hope you get more replies , so many here dealing with similar issues.😊??

• Posted

I agree with Edwina...At this time..give counseling a try....you might end up getting your anxiety and obsessive thoughts diminished...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.