Asking for my daughter.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughter has recentlly had a termination and a long time boyfriend who has dumper her. She is is an awful state. The doctor has given her sertraline but she is only into it for two weeks so is not having much effect.She says she is getting worse, crying all the time unable to sleep.Ihave told her she is grieving and these things take time to heal. I have had another phone call this morning and three throught the night. Asbsolytely past herself.  I have some 5mg diazapam thatI intend to give her to see if it calms her down enought to help her sleep. Doctors not much use. Anybody have and ideas of ways i can help her please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are right.She is grieving and no wonder,she is having a terrible time.She is lucky to have a lovely mum like you to care for her.My personal view is there are no magic tablets.There is no way she can avoid going through the grieving process.All you can do is be there for her,hold her,talk to her and listen to her when she needs it.It will eventually start to ease.I would personally avoid giving her diazepam it can cause more probelms than it solves.If you have a local branch of Mind she can self refer if you feel that she would benefit from counselling.I feel for you I really do.My daughter is going through a nervous breakdown at the moment and it is hard to watch your child suffer.Take care of yourself so that you are fit to take care of her.x
  • Posted

Hi Jean, I agree with susan. your daughter is grieving and needs support through this process. She is so lucky to have you to help her but you both probably need help too. Please go back to the gp and get a referal to some counselling and if your daughter needs any medication let her gp prescribe it as what you have may not suit her. As susan says, do take care of yourself as it sounds as if your daughter will need you to lean on and you will need to be strong for her. Good luck and bless you x
  • Posted

keep an eye on her to see if she is at risk to herself and support her through this.  Plenty of sleep for her and love from you.

Richard

• Posted

Awwww, poor girl. No fun. My heart aches for her. I have been through the same thing myself and having support is so helpful. She should definitely see her GP. I HOPE THAT SHE IS FEELING BETTER SOON.
  • Posted

Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased to say that she is starting to feel a little bit better so hopefully the Sertraline are kicking in. She still is very tearful but she know that she is better off without him. One less anxiety for her to worry about when she is not well. She spent the day with me yesterday and was actually laughing and I have just spoken to her and she says she feels well so heres hoping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.