Astigmatism Problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All, i have a severe astigmatism in my left eye that has me very worried, i am 27 years old and my optical clinic is not helping much , i am pretty worried about this and i dont know much about it. all i know is pretty severe . i currently wear glasses but it only helps so much , can anyone give me any advice or has anyoe gone through this? please help , thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Omar I have sent a PM with a link to Moorfields eye hospital NHS  and astgmatism.

• Posted

Astigmatism is a common eye disorder which can be corrected - e.g. with glasses or contact lenses. I have had astigmatism for over 60 years. Most people who have it are born with it. Has your astigmatism developed recently? What diagnosis has your clinic provided?
    • Posted

hello Siempre,i have had astigmatism for a while now , what scares me is that even with glasses i cannot see weel . my clinic says that there is nothing much they can do for my eye. i was given a higther prescription on glasses but it made little difference. i have  heard about toric lenses and RGP Lences for people with astigmatism but dont know if they work for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.