At a low point right now and I don't know how this will help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am taking treatment for depression for almost a year now and I'm getting better. But today is one of the bad days and I suddenly realized that I don't really have anyone, with whom I can really have a conversation. I feel so alone. I can't even read a novel and get my mind off it.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bhavin , sorry you are having a bad day . Isn't there any groups or classes you could join , like dancing or something . It would let you meet knew people . Hope tomorrow is a better day for you . God bless you .

• Posted

Thank you Margaret for the kind words. I have this huge exam coming in a few weeks and if /when I pass, I have an year of internship so I'll be keeping busy. I'm really hesitant to talk about what I'm going through with ppl I'll have to interact on a daily basis... I think that's my problem.

• Posted

Bhavi

You need to look for diversions to help, is there any where you can meet people, clubs, various Societies  where you can partake in activities. Where you will meet people with the same interests.

There are many here who will chat on line with you, we have a dog and every time we go out we meet others taking their dogs out for a walk. We are also lucky to have our garden, It is full of interest at the moment.

You sound like your health may be at a turning point, re discover yourself and look for ways to meet new people

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for that wonderful advice Bob, I usually immerse myself in a novel or a series to get my mind off the bad stuff.

What you said about rediscovering myself is so true, because I find that the person I'm now is really different from the person I was a year ago. But to talk to ppl I would interact on a daily basis... Ppl with whom I'd have other social interactions... It's difficult to talk about my mental health and how I might be better one day and bad the next... It's difficult.

• Posted

Yes I totally get it Bhavi it’s hard to join things on a weekly basis not knowing how you will feel about it next week month or year but it is so important to mingle and mix with others and then you may find one or two people you can share with about how you feel. Or maybe you can receive therapy do you have a counselor at the moment. All the best for your exams and internship.!!!!
  • Posted

Hi Bhavi. It's important to find at least one person you can share thoughts with. Are there any Depression Support Groups you can go to in the local area? Any Therapist? The hardest struggle with chronic depression is bearing it all to yourself. I've done that in the past for YEARS and it almost pulled me under a few times. Fortunately, I now have a spouse I can talk to and I also see a therapist 1 a week (2 times/week when I'm struggling) to help vent ( I also have anxiety attacks). Being alone with Depression is the absolute worst situation and can lead to suicidal thoughts. Seek out some source who you can confide with, make finding that person a priority task. It's essential.

• Posted

Thank you Phil, I will try to find someone I can talk to.
  • Posted

That's the ticket, Bhavi3278. Remember, you are somebody very special. There is nobody else in the world just like you. That makes you worth the effort to beat this thing called Depression.

It's always far easier when you can find just ONE person to share your feelings with. Two is better. When we air our thoughts and feelings with someone it makes life SO much more bearable. Keep us posted on your progress!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.