At the end of my rope

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all. I have severe anxiety, panic disorder and depression. I am going through agoraphobia right niw and list ny jib because if it. I feel apathy and can not find joy in anything. I feel hopeless. What anti-depressant is recommended by any if you. I can not take Prozac as it interferes with a cardiac med. I feel I cannot talk to my boyfriend or family. They don't know how I feel and just tell me to get over it. sad

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Celia, while they’re are are a wide variety of anti depressants, anti anxiety meds etc, talking to someone is the first step that is the honest truth. I am not one to tell someone what to do at all! I myself have been through and am still going through depressive disorders/ anexiety. Testing needs to be done, based on how you are and act. Stress responses. Much anexiety or depression gets mis treated/ diagnosed when much stems from Behavior and compulsive disorders. Even hormonal imbalances and nervous system issues. I no nothing about you, all I can do is recommend seeing a psychiatrist or even a therapist. I was the last person you’d expect talking to a Therapist. Talking is proven to help just as much if not more then medications. Perception hun!! Keep your head up. For you too reach out it shows you care and want change! Sounds stupid try everything from motivational videos to meditation, excersise , some doctors won’t tell you, most anti depressants just numb some of your neuroreceptors and without full honesty and some time to figure out underlying issues and stress, Mis diagnosis can lead to further worsening depression addiction and dependency just remember that. I went in for Anexiety and ended out getting perscribed Adderall because I was ADD and OCD. (Which I wouldn’t recommend with heart issues unless approved) but don’t see the obsticle, see the goal or what you want! 
    • Posted

Cam;

Thank you for your kind and helpful reply! I just started seeing someone last week. I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 8 years. He is mean though. I hope this psychologist turns out to be a good fit. My big problem right now is my agoraphobia. My boyfriend has to drive me everywhere. I am a prisoner in my own house and the isolation makes my depression and anxiety worse. I have been on antidepressants before and they fix the symptoms not the illness. I am terrified of going back on them because they to make anxiety worse in the beginning. Every time I try to go out my heart rate goes up to 110 and I get even more anxious. It is a viscous circle. I have had anxiety since I was 19. My mother and my grandmother had it. I have an appointment on the 17 with a primary care physician to be checked for conditions that could cause my symptoms. I have been on some form of benzodiazepine since I was 19. Someone here told me they were poison. I am a nurse and I know they are beneficial to many people if used correctly. The people that use them recreationally spoil it for the people who really need them. Unfortunately, since I have been in on them for so long, I am dependent on them and you build up a tolerance. The maximum dose of Xanax for someone with panuc disorder can be up to 10 mg. Per day. I do not take that but have taken care of people who have. I have never gone above my prescribed dose. Getting off a benzo is harder than getting off heroin. There is a good chance of dying from a grand mal seizure and what they call status epilecticus. At this point in my life, I would not attempt it. If I was younger I would. You are so kind. I find some people make judgments on here when they don't know the real story and it makes you feel worse. I am an RN but I don't give medical advice just suggestions. I do not attempt to diagnose either. Wish me luck with my new counselor. I see my psychiatrist tomorrow and I know he will try to put me on an antidepressant. I believe those are poison but what choice do I have? God bless

• Posted

Hi Celia - a note to commiserate with the pain of being told to "get over it." Dismissive, arrogant and cruel.

• Posted

Wayne

It also makes me feel ashamed and more "not normal"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.