at the end of my tether

Posted , 8 users are following.

so things are not getting any better,I have not had access to my gp for two weeks through no fault of my own, I asked my gp for a referral and he slammed the phone down on me and was abusive,i reported him to the gmc and they tpok no action,when they assured me they could take action,now i am labelled with conditiions i dont have and those i do have and was diagnosed with have suddenly been disregarded by gp.

i have always told gp s from the start of my problems in 2012 and thats when they stopped accepting what i told them It began with me being told to lose weight and do more exercise without the DR asking me about my lifestyle.i told him it was not related to my diet as i hadnt eaten cakes biscuits snacks or puddings since 2007 and had diminishing appetite-barely eating or wanting to eat and that i walked my dogs twice a day and at that time did housework and tend to gardenwalk into town.I Got no support from my gp who then  went on to dismiss anything i got,which began with when i presented with bruising around my eyes-his "diagnosis"was "to wear make up"after that everything i told him was not accepted or taken seriously,in 2015 they removed my name from their patient list but i hadnt done anything to warrant it -only doing as m y gp wanted-see another gp re my abdomen because he refused to do any scans asi had one two years previous,the other gp dids scans and revealed several conditions.these have got progressively worse since 2015 and i have told gp's that i have lost weight on hips and legs and then gained 3 kgs on abdomen suddenly and for no apparent reason.they didnt believe me,it happened again-gained 2-3 kgs on abdomen-suddenly.again dismissed,i can barely eat for pain and pressure against my stomach/sternum and my whole abdomen is still sore and lumpy with still gp not giving me any answer,

since june  i have had recurring dizziness and headaches-pressure on head-but these havent been fully investigated.my head is swollen -or skull enlarged and ev ery diagnosis i have had is now "non existent",!!

whereas before and i saw a gp other thsn my own they treated me no problem now all i get is "it is in your head" and a psychiatrist wrongly and withiout any signs-labelled me as having Hypochondriacal disorder and body dysmorphia,this is not so as all my symptoms have been accepted and joint deformity confirmed by my consultants.

i cannot function for the pressure in my head or huge abdomen,

i have never given any gp any reason for their comments which include

wear make up 

its not what i want to hear

you dont have anything wrong

i have 3000 patients and no time for you

you only think youy have....

i cant feel /see anything

there is no change to your face

i dont know what it is

your joints are normal-look normal to me

no gp has admitted liability and i am being wrongly accused of all sorts when it is the gp's lack of support and non acceptance of what i tell them.

and am without a gp because they blame me for their neglect.

My only option to get taken seriously is to go to A&E,i dont have any support from family or friends and not from my gp of 10 years.

i now have a possible urine infection or something,now very sore on passing urine,things gps have not accepted are

weight gain -unexplanied

persistent pelvic pain swelling heaviness

increasing abdomen and skull deformity

normal stools-abnormal 

urine flow-no questions

neck tightness

at the end of my tether,spending all my days -soibbing my eyes out,

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rose, you mentioned in your post that your psychiatrist gave you a diagnosis that you don't agree with. I'm assuming you've refused treatment recommended by him/her? If so don't you think that could well be the reason for your problems with your gps. Can't understand why they wouldn't pay attention to you otherwise, but may be seen as time wasting if you don't accept treatment? Maybe if you agreed to whatever course they want to go down with your diagnosis you would be able to get somewhere. You sound very stressed so if nothing else they may help with that and help you feel better about things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.