At the height of depression and not seeing any silver lining

Posted , 7 users are following.

All day everyday, I'm crying, having panic attacks and taking it out on the one person I love in this world I know she is coming to her wits end and wants to leave me but if that happens I would have literally no reason to live so I need to change but I don't know how and she keeps recommending I get real professional help but I'm not comfortable with that please help

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I know it will probably be a trigger for your anxiety as it was for me but you must go to your doctor and trust him to proscribe you the appropriate medication, you wont get passed this on your own and even if you could why would you put yourself and your loved ones through it, write down all your symptoms it makes it much easier for you at the doctors, I wrote my doctor a letter and gave it to him, mind you I had really bad memory problems to so it made it easier in that way too, I will give you any advice I can, good luck be strong.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

jade

If your Wife wants you to get help, do as you are told and get down to see your GP and explain your Depression and Anxiety. If I was her I would be telling you the same as well, although I am a chap so I will leave Her to bend your ear.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you really want to save your relationship you need to seek help. I think your being uncomfortable about going to the doctor is probably because of the sterotype that mental health carries. No one has to know about this and she will appreciate your effort. Depression, anxiety, and similar conditions are far more often diagnosed than you may think. It takes you going and trusting the doctor advice if things are to get better in your life. You must do what it takes and I think you will be glad you did.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

you need something for your anxierty if its as bad as your saying which will help your take control of the depression abit which will help your anxierty,it dose get better ,slowly but untill it dose its such a mind zapping illness,KEEP STRONG AND KEEP FIGHTING THE FIGHT
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jade - sorry to read of your dilemma. Your situation will not change unless you take control of it and that means going to the doctor. You need to find what is triggering this condition in you and deal with it. This may mean meds for depression and counselling with a therapist/psychologist to find the triggers, recognise them, and learn some coping skills. It's up to you to change things - don't wait until it's too late. Make that doc appointment today. Include your other half in the process so she can understand what is causing your condition. Best of luck tyo you - it will be alright. You will feel more in control when you take action.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up