Ativan

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Ativan 1mg 3 times a day for 3 weeks. How do I taper it down? Will It be a long process?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi John. I don't think it will be a long process. I took it for 20 years. just don't cut too quickly. Everyone on here suggest the Ashton's Manual. Google it and it might help. Depends on the reason you are on it. I had sleep issues all my life. (now 61). So around 40 years old after mentioning my 2 to 4 hours sleep a night I was put on it. I have always been a very extreme hyper person. So I did take it in the afternoon (1 Mg ) and then 2 mg at night. I worked myself off this in 5 months. I wish it had been shorter time but it was harder than thought. Make sure to consult a doctor or the doctor that put you on this. If you just happen to get a hold of some then still consult some type of doctor. I had to get a pain management doctor due to being on 5mg hydrocodone 4 times a day. Degenerative disc and bone and joint disease and severe idiopathic neuropathy discovered by a skin punch biopsy. The pain and benzo don't mix well and I need the pain meds more. Surprisingly I am off the ativan 4 weeks now and am sleeping better than I was when on it. LOL My anxiety is now up and down but I just cope with it the best I can. Try lowering your dose a little every day and if you have any withdrawals so to speak, ask a doctor. Much better to be off this stuff. Please let us know how you are doing and your symptoms for all of us to understand this drug a little more. Every person is different on this forum. Hope yours is a success story. Keep your chin up and enjoy the beautiful weekend! Take care. Ruby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.