Ativan? Clonazepam? What to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Try not to make this long but will be im sure. ha.

Severe panic and anxiety since nov. Little over a month now. Given ativan at ER and at my first drs appt until i saw phyciatrist. Saw her and was given paxil and clonzepam.. ended up back on ativan after a few days because i preferred it and she seemed okay with that. Gave me a script for twenty .50 when i messaged her and told her through our medical portal we use. I told her i use 1mg and have been since the ER. anyway.. a few days ago i let her know i need refill in a few days,thats today. i have received no response from her or the office and now have none. SO, my questions if anyone might know.

Will a month of steady use cause anytjing more than my norm panic?? and/or.. i have clonzepam here.. should i take that while i wait?? idk what to do.. wish i never started this and i communicated better with her and vice versa.

anyone ever do a direct switch to another med?? i just cannot end up in the Er.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My guess is that swapping backwards and forwards from Paxil, Clonzepam and Ativan is a major part of your problem with anxiety and panic - these very powerful drugs alter your brain chemistry in a significant way in a very short period of time.

You really don't have much choice about what you should take for now - you have some Clonzepam and you should take it because it is never a good idea to stop these drugs cold turkey - you run the risk of seizures.

My advice to you is to begin to taper the Clonzepam at a rate of no more than 10% every 10-14 days as soon as you can. There are many natural ways to control anxiety and panic and the sooner you learn to do that the better. The pharmaceutical drug pathway is already proving to you that its not working for you sp lease find a more life affirming way to live.

Read The Ashton Manual and educate yourself about what is happening to your brain and the rest of your body. You can do this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.