Ativan question

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was given Ativan .5mg by my psychiatrist.  I have taken a 1/4 of a pill for 2 days and 1/2 a pill and wonder if it ok to not take anymore.  It doesn't make me feel great and I don't want to continue and have withdrawal. I should have withdrawal stopping it now? Thanks 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do your homework on benzo's. Very difficult to come off of if you've been on for a while. Fortunately you haven't. Benzobuddies or Ashton's manual are good information. I'm currently doing a very slowly taper, 3-5% every 2-4 week's being on for 4 year's.

Good for you being proactive on them. Alot to know. Learn all you can before taking any benzo's or SSRI's is what I share as I didn't and now paying the price getting off of them.

• Posted

Hi Patty you are in absolutely no danger of withdrawal if you stop now.Just don't take them.Awful drugs.

• Posted

You are better with Imovan, less addictive and use wisely once in a while!
  • Posted

Stop at once!!!! Every reply on this thread is wise advice...!!! 

I took 30mg of dalmane for 22 years. Tried to stop last year at this time and nearly killed myself doing it. Still taking 5mg per night and a zolpidem er. I supplement this with Melatonin, gaba, L-theanine, benedryl all available at Amazon.(except the Z) I am 72 years old. How old are you? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.