Atrial flutter.... Feeling of tremoring in heart area for last 2 weeks off and on

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been feeling fluttering/tremoring feeling in my heart area for a cpl weeks on and off... I notice it alot when I am resting on couch .... I am wondering if this is from the flutter or maybe stress related

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Liz.  Sometimes the very act of lying down can trigger an afib episode.  I often get it when I lie down to go to sleep.
    • Posted

I get this tremor on and off all day my heart rate is normal just this odd feeling
    • Posted

You r so right about changing positions sets off afib. I curled up on the couch today, put my arms under me like a baby( kind of a fetal position) and it started pounding away!! I jumped up and yelled at myself OH NO! And it quit!! In and out just like that! I'm going to try jumping again next time. Thanks.

• Posted

hahaahaha.... I wish it were that easy!!!!  
  • Posted

Have u been diagnosed w atrial flutter? Or "flutter" is how u describe your heart skipping?

Have u seen a doc for this or is this new?

• Posted

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago... I had an episode and was caught on ekg
    • Posted

This feeling isnt new it used to come on and off but its been alot more so not sure if its stress related... My heart is at a normal pace when i feel this its not a flutter more or a trembly feeling on the left side of chest
    • Posted

There is a monitor called kardia alivcor that detects afib and can even send results to your doctor. I haven't got mine yet. Should be here Wednesday.

This would tell u if the trembly feeling is afib or not and hopefully lessen our worries. They (Internet) say stress is not related to afib. Not sure I believe that.

The monitor is $99.00.eveeyone says it works really well.

• Posted

So is afib and a flutter pretty much same thing and im thinking its stress related... Have you felt this sensation... Mine is on and off all day
    • Posted

Afib and flutter is similar rapid heart rates. Afib is irregular where a. Flutter is a regular beat

Although it is fast also. Both need a medical diagnosis.

I have afib as of February this year and had an ablation 4 weeks ago. Have had a few episodes even after the ablation but not lasting as long and the rate only goes to the 80s or 90s. It is scary at best all the way around, but as long as we take our blood thinners, the risk of us having a stroke from this is greatly reduced.

• Posted

yes I see a cardio dr but he didnt put me on blood thinners... he said because its flutter i dont need them because I am young and heatlhy ??? So this weird sensation in my chest could it be from muscle tension and stress do you think... or from the atrial flutter itself
    • Posted

Stress makes your muscles tighten that is for sure. Anxiety don't help either. I'm not up to date on atrial flutter but being young is sure to your advantage. If your doctor hasn't given you much information about this. ASK. They are a little on the shortend of patient care when it comes to information. Be an advocate for yourself and find out all u can about what has caused this and what u can do to make it go away or improve. If he doesn't give u enough answers, get another doc.

Good luck. Keep in touch w me. I care.

• Posted

I was thinking i used to get a lot of that when working before I retired. I could believe stress might be a factor Since I retired rarely get it. 
  • Posted

Liz it could be due to stress. Also food or what is in the food. Used to have plenty of it when I had WPW syndrome. It 'went off' after ablation. Now I am a confirmed Afib.

Lately I experienced the flutter again. Need to do an ECG to confirm that I have a recurrence of WPW.

My triggers to flutter -  stress, excitement , MSG and excessive coffee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.