AV? So this is my solution so far...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Having been OUTRAGED about AV, see my other disucssion, I thought I would summarise my coping technique, well the one that's working at the moment. Maybe others could do the same?

After a lifetime of avoiding hormones I have given in and started using vagifem, so far so good...feeling moist and comfortable most of the time..almost normal...although I don't expect this to last..

I also put coconut oil in at night ( someone here recommended night time moisture before bed, I agree) and in the morning. And I carry it with me all day. Coconut oil comes in solid form so you can use as much as you like, just be careful about leakages onto your clothes. I pop some in as soon as I become aware of a slight discomfort.

Relaxing is important, I find when I'm tense I get uncomfortable.

I'm also taking Red Clover, Boots own which is reasonably priced.

I've survived Menopause with no symptoms except for migrianes which I manage through acupuncture and I will continue to do this..think I'm officially post menopause now but I'll carry on...my migraines only started with peri menopause and have got better thank goodness..but that's another story.

Also sex, all types, partner, device and solo...especially solo as my partner lives some distance away. At times I have been SO uncomfortable I've thought 'you are mad to masterbate? it can only make it worse'..but it doesn't, because it produces the lubrication you need. It also exercises the vagina and all the articles I've read recommend as much sex as possible.

Also, discovered this weekend that covering my partner's 'part' with sylk lubricant before inserting works a treat! Oh yes...and spend lots of time getting turned on...foreplay for hours then go for it.

Exercise, pelvic floor...I've noticed an improvement in general feeling down there due to being more toned!

That's all for now folks...x

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds good I use vitamin  e capsules inserted at night they also moisturise your delicate parts they seem to do the job as well as the yes water based lubricant. 

I agree all articles say sex is good for your delicate bits however it's the last thing you want when very dry and not feeling feminine   ..... Menopause what a battle to preserve your bits and sanity and cope with everything chucked at you. Glad you have a method keep posting re vagifem and how it's working I was offered it but did not like the side effects   . We need more clinics in doctors surgeries or pharmacies so women can become more informed and seek help. 

• Posted

Do you insert the capsule? 

If so does it all melt away or do you take the liquid out of the capsule please?

• Posted

Hi solgar vutamin e for vegetarians insert whole capsule the heat inside you melts it I did it every other night for weeks it certainly lubricates and heals. 
    • Posted

Where did you purchase these please?
  • Posted

Thanks for info Susan

Hope the vagifem works for you too, found it very helpfull but unfortunatley had to stop using due to bleeding, had a scan to check the lining of my womb, all was ok byt dr. recommeneded i stop using them. so back to pain, and dryness, my problem not helped by pushing out five babys either, so now left with slight prolaspe.  will try the coconut oil, have found im alergic to this as in eating so hope im ok with using other end.

Sue

• Posted

If you are allergic one end you could be in the delicate parts try Vitamin e maybe. I used coconut oil and swelled up down below twice as big very scary. It's odd because I can eat it my bits obviously did not like it   Good luck try yes lubricant that's great and natural. 
    • Posted

Oh my, you swelled up twice as big! what is it with this stuff, i was making homemade chocolates with coconut oil and ended up with fatty liver problems and pain in that area, scan showed fatty liver mass. read about lots more people having bad affects with coconut oil to, swelling and pain in livers. maybe im reverse to you, i cant eat it but the other end will be ok, would be good as i have a whole jar of the stuff, and they recommend this for alzheimers  problem remedy too! will try vitamin E thanks
    • Posted

Yep twice as big not so much fun did not need magnifying mirror for once!!! You do need to giggle over it I do now but did not at the time. Totally sympathetic doctorNOT never blinked an eyelid gave ointment and said apply and goodbye. 

Since that have discovered I have vulvadynia more female joy it's amazing what we can get!!! Stress plays a huge part in what we get plus hormones oh for the joy of being normal . I think I'm fed up enough to write to my local doctors and ask for a clinic for menopause symptoms to be considered. 

• Posted

Liz whats 'normal', now im going to look up vulvadynia and yes write to your doctor and request a clinic for menapause, pre menapause and post menapause, that should book up three days worth lol,
    • Posted

Hi susan I think all our ladies should write to the local doctor and request clinics to be set up and write to the health minister. It's time we had some consideration I watched an advert for Samaritans last night and they had menopause on the list of what they also dealt with how awfully sad is that !!' To be driven to that extreme over s supposedly natural event in our lives that can actually ruin it. Now that makes me outraged for all women we all deserve help and support. I'm off to write my letter 
    • Posted

It appears that the ladies on this forum certainly have lots of specific knowledge to offer. 
    • Posted

Hi Liz, menapause leading to women feeling that desperate,eek now that is sad and unacceptable sad i think the nearest we have is the well woman clinic but im not sure what it covers, think its just like a basic m.o.t. heart, blood pressure ect. i have heard of some women actually going mad through the menapause as well, pretty scary a. Makes me appreciate at least im still sane then. 

• Posted

Interesting summary. Thank you. 

I will write my strategies when I gather All the paraphanaelia together so that I write the correct names.

as you suggest, what works one time makes us sensitive at other times,so our repertoire is vast!

• Posted

Thank you to everyone for keeping our information flowing! My method is still working, sort of, but stinging this morning, don't know why. Tried orgasim and yogurt, in that order..ho ho!

Yesterday I had a good day, even forgot about it until a firend asked me how it was going. Then got home and the old irritation started so I used a Premeno ovule but horrendous stinging and itching which hasn't happened before so more yogurt, Greek Yogurt, the thick type.

Think I'm going to buy some Vit E today and maybe replens.

What a nightmare!

• Posted

Oh dear not a good present for Xmas this morning the stinging. I find that premeno do sting at first. I used to use replens and got it on prescription then it started to irritate me. In fact, I have two unopened tubes if anyone wants them in the DN postal code area.
    • Posted

Make sure it's vegetarian capsules viramin e 400 in strength also yes lubricant is natural and is very cooling and soothing. Make sure you don't irritate your uretha and bladder by inserting lots of things. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.