Awaiting gallbladder removal.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've posted on here a couple of times over the past 3 years looking for answers. I've been suffering with right upper quadrant pain which radiates to back and shoulder blade. The pain is 24/7. I'm pretty sure it's gallbladder but sphincter of oddi disfuntion has also been mentioned to me. I just don't know what to do anymore. This pain is ruining my life and driving me into depression. I'm so scared that after they take my gallbladder I'm going to be worse off. I feel like I'm just being left by my gp/hospital ect to self manage. I've done this for 4 years and it's finally broken me. Sorry for sounding erratic and crazy but it's the middle of the night and I'm sat awake in pain knowing I've got to drag myself into work tomorrow pretending I'm okay. I just feel so alone.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes the pain consultant did use an ultrasound I remember this because he encouraged me to watch it on the screen. I really wasn't up for that. I found the whole procedure really uncomfortable. He thought I might have Abdominal Myofascial Pain Syndrome. He performed trigger point injections into points A73.5.

B/L subcostal TAP block

80 mg depomedrone.

Does any of that sound familiar to you? Anyway it didn't help at all. I will however keep you informed of my progress. Thanks for the chat.

• Posted

So just to update this thread. I managed to get an appointment with my consultant. We discussed all my concerns. He was very sorry that I had waited so long for my surgery and had also driven myself crazy worrying that I could have other things wrong with me. He got on the phone and arranged for my surgery to be done 5 days later. I am now 5 days post op. Besides the polyp they found my gallbladder had some scarring and adhesions. Now I'm just praying that I recover well and my body adapts quickly to not having a gallbladder. At the moment I'm very sore and tired and do have a bit of nausia on and off. Surgery was harder then I expected and I ended up staying in for 2 nights due to not passing urine properly but thats all sorted now.

I hope you are all keeping well. Take care. ?

• Posted

Katie

well done congratulations and sounds to me like you have a beautiful bright future.

heal weak , rest a lot, sleep when tired.

well done to you.

wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Thank you. I hope that you're able to find some peace after the trauma you went through with your gallbladder issues. After all what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Thank you for your advice. Take care. ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.