Awful anxiety attack symptoms! Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

so for the past couple of weeks ive been having new symptoms that are freaking me out! so i have all the normal ones like fast heart rate and the feeling of fear that goes through your body, but ive recently been having new ones, hands feel like they cramp up and my mouth always feels weird, and i get really hot like burning up. most if my attacks happen when im trying to sleep which is so stressful, someone help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

this is awful .I sometimes jerk up ,just as im falling asleep.and when I waken in the morning...Have you tried chamomile tea..I find it helps me relax at night..There is also Melatonin, and Magnesium.lots of things that will let you drift off peacefully. your body is relaxing down for sleep. but your brain is still anxious. so your feeling all numb and this makes you more anxious...I know the feeling too well. you need to get your brain relaxed down. if that means taking something...so be it. you need your sleep...Hope this helps..x

• Posted

this is awful .I sometimes jerk up ,just as im falling asleep.and when I waken in the morning...Have you tried chamomile tea..I find it helps me relax at night..There is also Melatonin, and Magnesium.lots of things that will let you drift off peacefully. your body is relaxing down for sleep. but your brain is still anxious. so your feeling all numb and this makes you more anxious...I know the feeling too well. you need to get your brain relaxed down. if that means taking something...so be it. you need your sleep...Hope this helps..x

• Posted

Hi.

**Please read this. You're not alone. You're getting there ! Hang tight!

This was me 2 months ago

I have this for almost 3 years now. Constant! 24/7. Multiple tests

In order to clarify all the confusion that engulfs everyone who is currently suffering from GAD or health anxiety I can safely validate this that as I'm in the process of documenting this post I am experiencing a slight panic attack and breathing difficulty and some sort of discomfort.

I'm 29 years old. Living in Athens, Greece and 2 years ago I had everything on the tip of my finger.

I am working for a multinational advertising agency, had pretty much everything I needed in life although I was stressful since birth. A life full of joy, fun and adventure. Friends, lots of women ( please don't mock me there's a reason I'm writing all of this itty bitty info. [cheesygrin] [wink]

2 years ago I bumped my head in a cabinet, had something of a soft concussion. Nothing extraordinary. 3 days later I woke up with severe clutter headache. A sense of pressure, weight in my forehead, eyes, nose even mouth some days.

Mind you this was 24/7. No breaks, no early check-outs. 24/7 all day, everyday. For 2 and a half gruesome years. Still standing.

Mind you again that Greece has highly qualified doctors and medical facilities ranking them amongst the greatests and most efficient in the world.

My complete medical exams as of now, 2 years and 3 days after, are a mixture of: a CT 3 days after, MRI 15 days after. Both clean. Had a second MRI about two months ago. None.

4 Blood tests, 2 urine tests, 2 triplex heart tests, 1 lungs CT (obvious reason) 2 exams of gastroscopy, 1 neck x ray, 1 testicles x ray, 4 visits/tests in 3 different neurologists and ONLY 1 VISIT TO A PSYCHOLOGIST/THERAPIST (SHAME SHAME SHAME)

Along with the feeling of having something terminal (tumour, cancer, plague, divers' disease) I had other symptoms as well. Joint pains, muscle tensions & pain, blurred vision, eye pain, short breath, spastic movement, fear, fatigue, more fear, inability to think, focus, foggy mind, insomnia, derealisation, tremor, armpits pain when touched, numerous digestive issues. And along with all those beautiful feelings I also had oulitis, or inflammation of the gum, common you may think. On the contrary I had been spiting blood and a series of liquids close to the orange colour. These were mainly from the digestion problems I was experiencing. A process called Palindromisis. However I was convinced that I was spitting blood because I had terminal cancer along with the brain tumour related to my cluster/tension headaches. A poor diagnosis in my gum related problem led me to believe that. Just 1 week ago it was confirmed that it was oulitis. Thanks a bunch for the first failed test on me doc.

Nowadays and 2 years after all this rather uncomfortable situation I had overcome most of my issues and psychosomatic tribulations but a new challenger arrived to claim this poor soul.

Heart palpitations. I always had them. Big deal I thought. But no. This time of year this was not the case.

I had experienced a new form of heart palpitations. A more mature one. A newly developed.

I thought my heart was dying, shutting down as I was feeling a burning sensation in the left part of my chest and neck. Inbalance, fear, this is how it ends right?

Skipping beats, slow beats, fast paced beats. All this in a crazy run. BY GOD JIM I had the fear of God in me.

I'm feeling uneasy and I'm currently experiencing palpitations as I write this. I begin this as a sort of self-cleansing but I also though it could help a poor-struggling soul.

YOU HAVE NOTHING WRONG. YOUR WORST FEARS ARE MANIFESTING INSIDE YOU. FOOLING YOUR BODY. FOOLING YOU. YOU 'RE NOT DYING. YOUR SANITY IS. KEEP CALM. AVOID TOXIC PEOPLE. AVOID TOXIC LIFE. BREATHE IN. BREATHE OUT. EMBRACE YOURSELF. LET PEOPLE KNOW. MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND. IF NOT, F**K THEM. DITCH THEM OUT. KEEP CALM. TAKE A BIG BREATH IN. LET IT ALL OUT.

DO YOU SEE THE END OF THE TUNNEL? NO!

IT'S NOT YOUR TIME YET.

LIVE LIFE.

• Posted

These are "normal" anxiety symptoms, I've had the same ones myself from too much anxiety. I've also had manyyyyy other physical symptoms, some you would never think could even be caused by anxiety! It's amazing how powerful our minds are =( not always in the best way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.