Ayurveda for fissure etc

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just went through a chronic fissure problem which first reared its ugly head in December last year. That time doctor at St John's hospital in Bangalore (who should technically be responsible for negligence) time me to take a lactulose solution and assured me that it would go away. He did not prescribe something as basic as a sitz bath neither did he give me basic advice (such as avoiding constipation) to prevent future recurrence. Hell, he didn't even warn me that recurrence is so frequent for #analfissure .. so this time when the problem recurred I was caught off guard. It was a severe pain and bleeding resulting from a tear which had occurred due to constipation. The allopathic doctor I met was quick to suggest LIS under general anaesthetic. A fact which bothered me greatly. I consulted multiple physicians which I would advise everyone to do. I'm a great believer in Ayurveda and I saw doctor Ramesh in Indira Nagar Bangalore who is perhaps the best doctor I have ever encountered. He examined me closely and advised natural medicines to strengthen my digestion as well as to heal the fissure. I observed some dietary restrictions but most importantly increased fruits and vegetables in my diet. Im happy to report marked improvements in digestion and motion today. Most importantly I'm so educated now about good digestive habits such as not eating dinner late, eating lot of salad with food, using squatty potty, avoiding outside fried food, improving digestion after meals. I hope no one ever faces this problem by easily keeping these habits. Good health to all!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What is Ayurveda?   I agree with you on watching your diet. I have been pain-free for about two weeks now. I get up every morning have a glass of water, a peach, a cup of coffee, and then I have a BM. I still have not given up my sits baths  and take one right after I have a BM in the morning. I started taking a probiotic and quit taking it because I was having two BMs a day. I am happy with just having one in the morning and do not want to have to strain. Every now and then, I have that throbbing sensation. It scares me and do not want my fissure to come back.  I also have a thrombosed hemorrhoid  that is internal. Does anyone know if that internal hemorrhoid ever goes away?  

Best of luck. I am like you. I never want that pain again! 

Sharen

• Posted

Thank you I will try Ayurveda,I have tried everything else. Sitz bsths with coconut oil helps. Also calmol suppositories which contain zinc oxide and coco butter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.