Back again !

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone else feel that they are just not built for this life ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi crazycat, i know what you mean, i feel like shouting 'stop the world i want to get off'! i still feel like that now sometimes.

• Edited

yeeep i know what ya mean! we all just wanna carry on with life and just be happy but with our mental illnesses we feel like we just cant cope but watching everyone else cope can be so hard on us it makes us think somtimes we ain't normally? X

• Posted

Look up Alan Watts on YouTube, he did lectures on Buddhism long ago, its ancient material but his points of view on purpose in life / death / suffering have changed my life.

Some of the videos have psychedelic pictures, but it's not just hippy non sense, it's how to view life logically and objectively rather than fighting your built in mental barriers trained and it's so relevant to people suffering anxiety or depression!

• Posted

Yes definitely ! I also feel like I'm one in a million and there's no one else like me and there's no one who could ever understand me. These feelings are not helped at all by the fact tht I have been a constant nuisance all through my life because of my bipolar illness. I am most happy staying by myself which other people would see as a mental aberration but which I see as my right and my preference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.