Back again with anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

So this week has been total anxiety!!!! This morning my three year old woke up like she couldn't breathe took her to the doctor she has bronchitis. I am freaking out being the "health" anxiety nut that I am. I'm scared she is gonna die!!!!!!! Or have a reaction to the medicine. Please help me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Christian

All I can really say to you is, Your child has been seen by your GP and has been given medications to help Her get through this condition. You need to be hard and firm and look after her as she gets better. She will not die and you need to be strong for her. A reaction with the medication could be she will get better soon.

Let us know how she gets on

BOB

• Posted

Don't freak! You did the right thing by taking her and getting her medication. You sound exactly like me though, anytime my kids are sick I fear he worst! My daughter has strep and a stye and my sons been coughing for a week. It's that time of year again. Just stay strong! She's gonna be okay smile

• Posted

She wont die. The doctors are well trained to help her. Its very stressful on a mom when there child is sick. Be sure shes hydrated, frozen ice pops made of electrolytes are good. You can make your own with hydralyte or gatorade. tea time game with gatorade is always good. And grab some toys and steam up the bathroom and play for ten minutes in there. Steam is great for loosening up mucos. You can do that twice a day even or three time at ten minutes a pop. Give her whatever the doctor gave you and just know this time next week shell be back to her old self. And for you have some chamomile tea with honey and take a multi vitamin and extra vitamin c. Keep your immune system strong. This will all heal up soon enough. You are a great Mom! 
  • Posted

You'll soon know if she has a reaction to the medicine She'll develop a rash or her breathing will become more difficult. If this happens, call an ambulance at once.

If the bronchitis isn't better within three days take her back to the doctor.

But my guess is that all will be well. I understand your anxiety. Just keep her cool, and give her plenty to drink - preferably breastmilk.

Love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.