back from hols

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone

had a lovely time really did cruise was 5* treatment but i was ill alot of the time.. have been reading up on everyone and seeing how u are all doing.. Reading about how people feel i really feel i am reading about myself in everyone forums. i read on one page that someone says if there not in pain they feel they have migraines. well thats exactly how i feel..when i was on holiday i was either in real pain or in bed with a migraine. i constantly feel sick and have pains in different places ie. my toes and fingers.. i read someone couldnt use crutches because of pains in hands.. i also have that but manage to use one on my right side but couldnt in left side because i get more pain in that side. i have been disalowed dla in the care componet part and now having to go to the tribunal( still waiting on date). i cant wash my hair and cant cook and somedays i need help to wash, turn in bed, walk but they still dont think i deserve it.. to be honest i cant wait to be infront of people and tell them to there face what i..and u all have to suffer everyday in life. anyway.. glad im back on the forum for sum much needed support that u all give me.. hope u all are well and not in to much pain... hi to jane and ses hope ur ok xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Di

So glad you enjoyed your holiday although you were unwell as well. I do feel so sorry when I read how you cannot do certain things and yet you can't get and disibility allowance. I feel so lucky that I have it relatively mild at the moment but don't no if that will change overtime. Not to say I don't get lots of aches and pains but I can still manage to do most things.

Goin see doctor on Friday as my toe is still being sore to walk on with OA and see if there is anything I can do to support it. At the moment I can only wear trainers and no other shoes. Not very good with skirts although not much chance of that to day as raining.

I seem to get headaches most days and then if I don't get enough sleep end up with migraine and have to spend most part of the day in bed. Just started taking ampytripline while you away so see how I get on only been on it four days and don't feel too bad. I have had it before and think it helped so thought try it again rather than a different one.

Well good to hear from you and Linda and Ses were asking when you were back.

Take care

Love Jane/Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Di

Glad you had a good holiday, even if the pain didn't let up.

I don't get the mobility but i do get the Care component as i cannot cook a meal and i have probs washing my hair. I went to an appeal about the DLA mobility component but they turned me down again but did say i was still entitled to Care component.

look after yourself

Michelle

• Posted

/hi everyone thanks for replying so quick.. i get really excited to look and see new replys.. sad eh lol.... sorry to hear ur toe is still sore wonder why this is eh.. i cant understand the benefit system i know of people who manage to run around doing normal everyday things and get full mobility and care part..maybe im just not a good liar or something.... i tell how it is and dont get anywhere...

i hope everyone is not in to much discomfort tonight and manages to at least get some sleep...

take care

luv di x

• Posted

Hi Di,

Nice to see you had your cruise, not nice for you though being in pain..... I had my DLA appeal yesterday and it was humiliating, it has still infuriated me, I was in agony too sat there for there an hour or more!!! so very uncomfortable and then in the end they say \"Your entitlement has not changed as you do not meet the criteria\" In actual fact I know through experience there is no criteria!!!!!!!!! I am fighting it though, I read it took one lady two years with fibro to get care and mobility components....... I am just hoping in the end they will realize that my ddd and osteo in hips should contribute to my disability ....... as I would say Fibromyalgia is not taken seriously and yet we all know how this disabling condition effects are day to day life!!!!! I think they should employ one of us and then we could fight one corner!!!!

So glad you had your cruise Di, I hope your wedding anniversary was a happy celebration too xxx :cheerup: :bubbly:

Take care everyone gentle hugs and I hope we all get a good night sleep xx

• Posted

Hi Di and everyone,

Sorry I didn`t get chance to chat last night, am having dreadful side effects from a new anti depressent and only managing to surface for a few hours each day. Glad the cruise went ok but not good that you were not well. I`ve got to the point where I don`t know what ailments come from Fibro. side effects or migraine! Hope to see GP tomorrow or Fri. I don`t think its sad that you like getting replies on here, I feel that way too, it`s been good since I found you all knowing there is someone there to talk to who understands our problems.

Hope everyone else is ok today.

Will try and chat later

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Di and everyone

Your not sad looking for replies from us all. This site is like a life line to us all. We can support and help each other on a daily basis. When we are well enough to come on. I am the same look forward to hearing from everyone.

Hope you all had some decent sleep! :o

Love Jane/Tess x x

• Posted

HI there Folks,

Well I have just found out that there is only about 150 approx people in Cumbria with \"Fibromyalgia\" I do not know who they are but just an amount I asked so I could see if there was a large number in my area of sufferers and around 10 people that have it I have around this in my Support Group!!!!

I have not been too good again as the pain in my shoulders are driving me nuts along with everything else !!!!! Got to just keep plodding on........ After finding this information out it makes me think now this is why we are not recognized as a severe illness as \"we, I predict are a minority\" and this is why we are not taken seriously after all when I had my appeal my adviser thinks that \"Fibromyalgia\" goes away he may be mixed up with \"Polymyalgia\" so I think we should set up a campaign and fight our Ground!!!!!! As this I think is why we are not getting the benefits that we are entitled to!!!!!

I hope you are all having a better day than me!!!!

Gentle hugs xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.