BACK HOME .....👍

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all hippies and hippies to be, I'm back home now and it was a crazy crazy evening.πŸŽ‰πŸ˜€πŸŽ‰

i was told around 5ish that it was ok to get ready to go home, wife tried to book taxi, couldn't get anything booked until 7ish, so had some hospital dinner, 😁 taxi firm called back, not sure what had gone on, but no cab till 8pm So sat in lounge waited, then when it turned up, it was a bloody mini bus 😀 noway. of getting in the front, the seat wouldn't go back far, and getting in back was using a ramp. πŸ™„ the nurse was not happy with that, me too.

This is where it goes even more crazy, booked another cab, this turned up 9.30ish tried getting myself in from wasn't happening, then only solution was to shin me across the back seat just got wife in back, sitting on about 50mm of seat just touching my operation legπŸ™„

no seat belts or anything, my brother was in front passenger seat, long long trip home and we was there, by now it was around 10.20pm i had made it, few tablets and little bit of wind down and then bed...😊

Now it's my first day at home......πŸ˜€

just mega mega thanks for all help and advice from this fantastic forum..

Stay safe & Stay Happy 😊

PETE.πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

brilliant least your home and can recover in your own time.nightmare with your travel i had hour half journey when i came out on sat 😫😫 im on my 7th day today ,had a little blip on Tues but was told to knock off the codeine so just on paracetamol, the only thing i struggle with is sleeping on me back I just can't get comfy,but the OT rang today and said i can go on me opposite side with pillows so will give that a go ,today I have very little pain,yesterday went in garden as it were glorious,everyday an improvement and defiantly feel better without the codeine as long as it stays that way 🀞 good luck on your recovery way forward nowπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

• Posted

Well that was eventful and stressful too, I bet! At least you are home now. May your recovery go well, and you are back on you feet unaided in no time!

• Posted

So pleased you're home, Pete, even though it was somewhat eventful! Do make sure you get a good combination of exercise and rest. Do all the exercises three times a day and walk as much as you can. I am now almost 10 weeks post op and still put my feet up on the bed for half an hour most afternoons. Don't worry if you don't have much appetite for a few days. Good luck and I hope your recovery is as quick and successful as mine has been.

• Posted

You poor thing, what a nightmare. Pleased you're home, and wishing you a good recovery.

• Posted

What chaos but.....congratulations on being home with your loved ones!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.