Back of the knee cartilage

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! Some 12 months ago I injured my knee cartilage (back of the knee) on my left knee due to a bad jogging technique. I could only bend my left leg back (heel towards butt) only 60 percent of the way. My right leg was perfectly fine. (With the heel touching the butt). If I sat down at a computer for an hour or so and got up my left leg would be sore when I started to walk. I would describe it as a sore and dull pain. 

I went and saw the orthopedic doctor. He did an x-ray and said no problem with the bone but the cartilage doesn't look so good. He suggested to stop jogging, complete rest, and gave me a pamplet with some exercises to do. I did that except I wasn't very good at doing my exercises regularly. 

12 months later after doing very little exercise, eating a healthy diet and some water fasting my left leg has improved. I can bend the left left (heel towards the butt) 85 percent of the way. There is not longer any pain when I sit at my computer desk for a long period. My question is what exercise is good to further heal my knee cartilage? I have a pamplet with exercises but I want to hear if anyone has tried something different and got good improvement. Cheers, Chris

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Chris, gotta get good at that! Knee cartilage isn't really a problem, just do the exercises. lol

• Posted

oh sorry, must add - if the ortho thought it was a problem he'd schedule an arthroscopy for you.  Don't worry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.