Back on Citalopram 10mg. Anyone else just started?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive decided to start back on citalopram. Starting out on 10 mg dose. Im not drepressed but have panic attacks and anxiety as im scared of when the next one is going to happen. Has anyone else just taken citalopram for panic attacks? If so how effective did you find them? I was on 20mg for 4 months then up to 40mg. The side effects where awful and then i came off them thinking i was better. Stupid i know x

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I take them for anxiety and depression, but I have really bad anxiety so I take xanax as well. I usually take the celexa first thing in the morning and Tha xanax about an hour before I go to bed, as they make me sleepy. But I do take them if I have to go to social events or Wal Mart during busy hours. Good luck!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Justcurious....i shouldnt have come off them in the first place. You live and learn. I just have this horrible feeling of tightness in my throat and that sets off the panic as i think i cant breath. I never had this when i was on the meds. Im gonna stick at it this time to see how i get on. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You'll be fine. Just be sure and take them everyday. If you forget to take one just take two the next day. It's worked very well for me. If you have anymore concerns or just want someone to talk to I'm always here. I wish you the best of luck
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm taking 10mg Citalopram for anxiety depression etc. Have found my anxiety has increased and mood swings etc since being on them and have since been prescribed diazepan to help calm me down which I have found worked.

I know ya shudnt self medicate or use other people's tablets but a friend gave me some propanalon to help with the anxiety and tbh these have worked really well

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi clare I was on 10mg but I was very tired and I went down to 5mg (half a tablet) and I swear by it now I have a very low tolerance to medication so for most people 5mg wouldn't be enough! I started it for post natal depression but was mainly anxiety I had , I cud bearly get round tesco without sweating and feeling panicky and anxious! After about 3 weeks on citalopram I felt like my old self again I was so shocked at how a little tablet cud help me so much! Try stick with it if u can xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up