Back on Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

After many year of suffering from depression I'm now back on Citalopram for the 3rd time and again i'm getting morning anxious sickness etc. I know it takes a few weeks but i want any further tips on making the mornings better

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi steven me too

i feel fear in my stomach when i wake

on 20 mg for 8 weeks

• Posted

i dont understand why come off In the past .if you are feeling good.what is the reason for coming off.just Curious.

• Posted

The reason i came off them was i thought i was in a good place. I was so wrong and now i need to be back on them

• Posted

if you where feeling in a good place it was because of the med.these meds are a tool not a cure.beat regards

• Posted

Hi Steven, I've just started to retake Citalopram today. I've only been on it for about 8 months and felt it wasn't helping me deal with my Burning Mouth Syndrome and stopped taking it 12 days ago, without consulting my doctor! For the first week I seemed fine, but the last few days have noticed anxiety/depression symptoms returning.

I really hope since you posted your question last week, things have improved for you? And I wonder if you or anyone else can advise me when I might start to feel better again?

Thanks

• Posted

hi suzy everyone is different, just be good to yourself x

• Posted

you went cold turkey is a no bueno for me.delay symptoms of withdrwals are bound to happen.best regards

• Posted

if you arent sensitive to meds like me you may settle quickly x

• Posted

iam confused with your post to steven ?only trying to help.so you are taking cit again ?or you stop taking it?

• Posted

Yes, I started to take it again today.... hoping it won't take long to settle back in x

• Posted

ok .sorry for misunderstanding.you might be a little Uncomfortable for a bit but you should settle.i started celexa because i had paresthesia of the scalp aka burning scalp.and the celexa completely got rid of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.