Back on venlafaxine of mirtazapine is that good or bad

Posted , 4 users are following.

eight days of venlafaxine had 16 days on mirtazapine had to go back on vf the withdrawal to much brain zaps as I understand this was,my emotion just hit another level, crying couldn't stop just got upset over everything 48 year old man doctor took me out of fire exit cos I was that bad .Now back on vf I feel I have more control over emotion brain zaps has gone but when relaxed I can hear like a beat from my head in this zapping noise but I can put up with tha ,I now have this restless legs thing mostly at nights trying to shake legs stretch legs horrible

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You shouldn't really switch from venlaflaxine to mirtazapine. Always wean yourself off venlaflaxine gently - half dosage for two/three weeks, then half again etc ...

Restless legs can be caused by a lack of potassium. Eat a couple of bananas a day and see if it helps.

• Posted

Hi peter thanks for advice I will try banannas gonna get one now ,thought the restless legs could be because I'm only taking 75mil capsule ,when I was on two aday 
  • Posted

Hope it works for you smile

I get restless legs even when not on anti-depressants and have found a banana a day seems to keep them away. Someone else gave me that advice and it has worked, so I hope it works for you too.

I was on Mirtazapine and Venlafaxine but wanted to get off them. I "cold turkeyed" Mirtazapine and that was fine, but cold turkeying Venlaflaxine was just awful ... dizzy, fuzzy head, tinnitus, brain zaps ...

So I went back to 150mg and after a month cut down to 75mg and felt fine. Now I cut the 75mg tablets in half each day, and so far so good as well.

YMMV but I wish you all the best mate if you want to get off them and your doc says it's okay for you to do so.

• Posted

Good luck mate give me a reply when you come off completely hope you crack it but I found that that last one you take is when it starts so gl 
    • Posted

I think any drug these days that you on long term has side effects to come off the human body is clever and adapts to progressive change, but if you starve it of something it has to retrain
    • Posted

Mirtazapine 45mg disagreed with me to be honest and i know 4 other  on this forum that it has disagreed with. that said were all different and there are some success stories
  • Posted

Hi, i had really shaky legs going onto this drug...i think anything that alters your nervous system can have this effect. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Stephen.  I was in the same position as you. I tried Benadryl allergy tablets with a Acrivas I think it's called. They help the brain zaps and the anxiety. I was ready to commit suicide, when I found out that these tablets take away a lot of the withdrawals and minimise the emotional roller coaster. They were the lifeline I needed and when you stop taking them there is no side effects. I hope this helps. When I went to my doctor and told him what I had been taking to help me, he was in disbelief. He wanted to give me the tablets that you were put on, but I said no that taking Benadryl got me through and stabalised me so I could let my body rid itself of this drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.