Back pain after anterior and posterior repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had cystocele and rectocele repair with a biological bladder sling . The Doctor said the surgery went well and I am 3 weeks out . I had a Foley catheter for 2 weeks that was awful!! It was irritating my urethra. Now I'm doing the self catheter. It's a lot better . My main complaint is not being able to pee on my own and my low back is killing me !! I can't sit to long my back just hurts ! I've been to the chiropractor a couple of times and it's still hurting .anyone else's have this problem?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes for two weeks, couldn't sleep, sit eat nothing walked the floors day. N nite, went to dr 7 times in two weeks, gave urine everytime, finally told me it was s bad bladder infection, got anti biotics and pain meds

• Posted

Oh ok my doc told mr that's from sitting to long, or doing to much I had yhatu to for months.this surgery was the worse revovery ever.

• Posted

Pthanks for responding , I know I just have to be patient!! Driving didn't agree with me either ! The only time is to go to the doctor! It was a big rectocele repair and it takes it out of you !

• Posted

Hi shannon I had an anterior and posterior repair 3 weeks ago, my back is constantly aching and Ive been feeling sick, not sure if it's ment to be like this, wondering if it's an infection but there is no smell but the is a sticky discharge. I've found that it takes it out of me if I do a bit much x

• Posted

Hi Emma, I'm about 5 weeks and my back seems to go in and out ! I found that doing a little gentle stretching helps . I think it's normal for the low back to hurt . They told me if I get a fever or bleed heavy call it could be an infection. But I haven't had that I just feel like crap ! Haha. Yes it dose take it out if you . I do a little and the. I want to go lay down no energy.

• Posted

Om five mos post op now, feel great exercise everyday keigels also pelvic floor exercises. Back in the beginning when I told doctor about back he said its from sitting and doing notning all day.so y

I tried with all my might to move a little more each day. Hope all works out, good luck, this surgery healing was the worse thing I ever expierinced in my life.

• Posted

Hi Dianelou,

So good to hear you feel great, it's is so difficult in the early weeks/months to get a balance between not overdoing things and resting, and as you say you do get a sore back sitting for too long. We get so unfit over recovery period too.

Anyway great to hear your recovery is going so well and all positive.

Phyl x?💖

• Posted

Thanks shannon does sound like it's just from sitting down a lot, I have been up and about some days doing to much, having 4 boys aged 21mths,4.5 and 11 it's hard to keep still. I hired a mobility scooter to do xmas shopping. Dianelou it's so good to hear that ur feeling great can't wait to get to that point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.