Back pain after my hip operation ,when I run.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,I have had both my hips replaced in the past 18 months,my right one is perfect ,but the one I gad done in May ,I get back pain in the left side of my back when I run on the treadmill at the gym .could this be a nerve problem or is my back getting use to my new hip.i didn't have this problem with my right one.any body else suffer with these symptoms.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lufc

My hip is a lot newer than yours but the leg doesn't go back as far as it should when I walk so my physio says I compensate by arching my back which causes a bit of discomfort. I've got exercises to try to get the movement back. Might be best to ask a physio though.

Mike

• Posted

Hi Lufc

I used to be a frequent runner both road and treadmill. I had my right replacement in March and due my left next week. My surgeon told me no more running as it is to much pressure on the joints. I would check with your physio.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.