Back tension??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi does anyone else experience sore muscles especially round the shoulder blades?? With me it starts as I awake in the mornings and as the day progresses it eases a little

0 likes, 20 replies

Report / Delete

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you male or female?

What age group are you?

What medications if any do you take? 

Do you sleep well?

What sort of mattress do you have?

Do you engage in energetic exercise?

Do you smoke?

Do you suffer from anxiety attacks?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I'm a 38 year old female and I don't smoke I've been diagnosed with gad and have started on citalopram - my muscles in my shoulder eases when I exercise almost like it's loosening if that makes sense
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im 18 just turnt i did smoke cannabis but stopped completerly i dont exercise much i used to really do alot of sport cause i used to box but stopped and i wake up my shoulders feel like jelly and by the way my chest feels like jelly all the time so do my arms and sometimes legs i sometimes have panic attacks like i had been drinking and i said to me mate ring a ambulance it was that scary my hands where tingling my arms and face but me mate just said sit down for a second ur just hving panic attack
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me.

I feel that the tension in the area of your shoulders is associated with your general anxiety disorder.

What you say about exercising makes a lot of sense, and it is usually advised when there is tension in the upper body. Surprisingly you might find that walking also helps. 

If I were you I would continue with gentle exercise, and if the symptoms do not completely disappear after a couple of months, I would recommend that a return visit to your doctor is in order.

Best wishes

Rod

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thankfully I don't suffer headaches -- I find tge mornings the  worst for my back but maybe that's when I'm more tense but I will continue with the exercise and I'm getting a massage done so fingers crossed it will help thankyou for the reply xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes i do.  Sometimes its really bad.  I think how can i have tension as soon as i wake up?  Unless its just my sleeping position.  It gets to me because i believe it causes tension in my neck which causes headaches.  I try and either do a relaxation app or have a bath each day to try and relax.  I'm off work sick so i get chance to but i know its tricky if you're busy. xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi There , I suffer from awful tension with shoulders & neck all the time. Just find it very difficult to relax.I have reflexology on a regular basis & find that this helps me to unwind. Regards Amandah
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You couldnt have written my post for me. I have the exact same thing and really paniking (i have health anxiety) iv tried every pain killer going and nothing seems to relieve it. Let me know if u find an answer xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've had this pain for quite some time It was about 4 weeks b4 I was diagnosed with generalised anxiety but yes I tried everything and nothing worked - b4 diagnose I had full bloods done on 2 occasions so I'm sure it would have shown something if it were more serious and it's not there all the   time so I no it's connected to my anxiety I am going to get a deep tissue massage done on Thursday so fingers crossed it helps x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up