Back to my GP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Finally got around to see my GP about my prolapse returning after my op in Feb this year. Been given a new drug Vesicare that should stop the frequent urination. She said she will refer me back to my surgeon that did the op. Bit embarrassed about going back so soon after the op to be honest.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosiepix

Don't you be embarassed! Get sorted! See how you get on with Vesicare, it can be drying and the side effects outweigh the plusses. It can give constipation so please make sure you dont strain, get a toilet stool to help take the pressure off your pelvic floor and lift your knees to poop.

If your surgery has failed you need to stop your prolapse getting worse until you are seen and assessed.

May I also add that a Physio said to me the other day 'If a woman has a prolapse and fails to change what she did before the operation, it will reoccur'. I know this is not what you want to hear, but when you have seen your surgeon and have a care pathway look at getting an appointment with a Physio who can help you with your posture, some simple posture changes can really take the strain off your pelvic floor. As said previosly if you have constipation treat it naturally if possible, you must not strain. You also need to watch your weight and of course, without fail - do pelvic floor exercise.

Don't despair Rosie, I know you will be crushingly disappointed, but this is where you are, so make sure you give yourself the best possible chance for success moving forward.

You've got to strengthen that pelvic floor. 

S

• Posted

Hi Rosie

I don't want to sound like an advert, but I invested in a kegel 8 Ultra 20 about 10 weeks ago, and it has made a big difference to my frequent need to pee. I didn't have any problems with incontinence thanks to a TVT 2 years ago, but I could go to the loo, double voiding to be sure my bladder was empty, then feel I needed to go again half an hour later. All that has stopped now thank goodness.

• Posted

Hi Rosiepix,

Sad to hear of definitely return of prolapse but glad to hear you have saw your GP, and getting referred back again.

So very difficult to avoid weight bearing and being on our feet.

If I remember right was it that you felt obligated to help a friend with shopping? I am lucky that I do all my shopping with hubby and under no vircumstance do I buy anything heavy when on my own.

Must be really difficult sometimes though; I hate when I am in city on my own and having to negotiate some of the heavy glass doors and some ladies will look at me through the glass waiting for me to open the door for them. I dont look like anything could be wrong and look much younger and healthier than a lot of ladies my age, so often expected to open door for them. But on the other hand they may be thinking the same as me?

But having said that work is the worst where very difficult to avoid down pressure, but getting better at judging what might be to heavy. How is work going for you?

I keep looking for alternative work but not finding anything less heavy going. Can't just give it up still have a 13 year old at home, and no where near retirement yet! So really difficult to know what to do.

Let us know how you get on, good luck at appointment.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi, don't worry about going back. Like you my a@p failed 2.5 weeks after surgery. Have been back to see consultant who sent me for an ultrasound to see if anything else is going on etc. Got to go back for results on wed but radiographer said ev looked ok but down to surgeon now to see what he's going to do next, if anything as he says it has t grown since June! X

• Posted

Thanks ladies for your replies and advice. I just called my private healthcare and they won't see me again as it's been longer than 6 months since I had the op so will have to join the NHS queue. I didn't realise this. To be honest I gave up with the pelvic floor excercise as I couldn't see the point if the prolapse was back, guess I should start them again to stop it worsening any more. I'll look into the kegel option , thank you Moira. I'm hoping the Vesicare will help as its the frequency and urgency that's the worse of the problem. You're right Phyll I helped a friend with her shopping stupidly but I also work with under 5s which is physically demanding plus I'm on my feet for most of the day. I should retire really but if I have to have another op I may as well hang on and get paid for being off sick , silly not to really . Thanks ladies xxxxx

• Posted

Hope you don't have to wait for too long Rosiepix. I can't imagine how you have managed at work; I know I don't dare lift any of the younger grandchildren all between 2 and 5 years old.

My physiotherapist that I attended when I had my hysterectomy and 1st repair explained that some ladies have a condition where there is loss of collegen, which weakens the ligaments even more;:and I think that is why for some of us our repairs do well while others fail. Stephanie will know more about that .

But don't be blaming yourself as it is very difficult to assess and judge our own capabilities, by the time we do something we shouldn't have and our body tells us it was too much the deed is done and it's too late.

Anyway fingers crossed you will get appointment quickly.

Phyl x💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.