Back to Square One

Posted , 6 users are following.

Went 5 days with no sleep, NHS DR prescribed me diazipam to last me till tuesday which got me to sleep but I can't sleep again back to square one, i couldn't get to sleep last night DR said yesterday to take fluoxetine but they won't help me at this moment of time he is hesitent of prescribing me sleeping tablets and says they only last 5 days he also won't give me diazipam due to the dangerous addiction so am screwed looks like no sleep again for 5 days I don't wanna go through thisd feels like I will never be able to sleep again why am I being punished with this bad enough i suffer from bad anxiety and panic and can't even get out the door now the one thing i could rely on has been taken away from me and that's sleep am going to end up jumping out a window at this rate all i wanna do is be able to even get 2 hours in but, I just sit there for hours apon hours in the start tosing and turning and not once have I passed out for the count why is my bodya nd mind putting me through such a nightmare.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ross

Your really having a tough time.

All I can suggest is the usual hot bath reading calming drink before bed but I reckon your at the stage none of this works (been there)

I think Ive mentioned this before but herbal remedy sleep aids you can buy over the counter

Im sorry I cant be more help

Hang in there mate and stay strongconfused

• Posted

Will really need to try these herbals my Dr said it won't do me any good but guess I could try them and yes will try the bath, reading and calming drinks such as charmalile tea can't member the name but will keep trying these things hope eventualy i will drift of to sleep, if not head if going through a wall kidding smile
    • Posted

Mother  got diphenhydramine from the chemist am sure these are allergy pills and I don't have any allergy's lol but do these pills work has you tried them before?
    • Posted

I have heard of benydrl working for some people, it is worth a try.  You have nothing to lose.  Have you tried walking daily to burn up excess energy? You will raise natural endorphins feeling good chemicals, plus burn up energy and cause you body to wind down.  Considered melatonin, or bodies naturally produce it to cause us to be sleepy.  Like others have said hot showers, maybe get some lavender scents to put in bedroom for aromatherapy.  When you close to bed time, dim lights, or have low light to trick you body into getting ready for bed time.  Turn off electronics, smartphone, etc. 
  • Posted

Hi just wondering if you were on antidepressants before your sleep was affected,

i suffered with bad anxiety and was on antidepressants and went days without sleep, Doctor try to say I was depressed and that was the cause of me not sleeping, he was wrong, I stopped taken the antipressants and my sleep returned.

i feel cognitive behavior therapy is the only way forward, I have made progress.

i can send you details if you would like, 

there is a lot of people out there suffering with this,

i can't begin to describe how horrible it is, as you probably know,

pit has been a long struggle for me,

there is a Doctor that has devoted his life to help people get better,

because he had it himself, so let me know if you want details take care

• Posted

No, I am not on any anti depressants atm.   i took Diazipam over the weekend but that was it and it was the onyl thing that somehow managed to make me fall a sleep even though it was only 2mg it did the trick, DR said there is sleeping pills that onyl really work for 5 days he doesn't wann prescribe them since it doesn't adress the problem it only masks the problem which is true but if i do take sleeping pills when it's really needed such as going two r 3 days without sleep  i could take one and use them wiseley and eventually i might get back on track or something like that but awe well got no clue don't think my Dr really cares at teh end of the day if he did he would get me help instead of doing nothing
    • Posted

Hi. I am so sorry you are still struggling. Did you ask the doctor to refer you to a psychiatrist? If I remember correctly this is your GP treating you now? A psychiatrist can give youu both: pills to help you sleep AND the required antidepressant or whatever the diagnosis requires.
    • Posted

Councellors won't see me till I start taking the Fluoxetine and the Dr hasn't considered mentioning a psychiatrist if they aren't the same got no clue
    • Posted

no they are not. I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Is there anyone close to you who can help you find a way to get a second opinion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.