Back to work.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have returned to work on light duties after bicep tendoeisis and subacromial decompression. I was doing well post op and my Physio was happy with my progress. However, I have recently started to get severe shooting pains in my shoulder and arm which is excruciating. I'm already taking Tramadol and paracetamol which was working great. Now I'm back to sleepness nights with the pain. 

Any thoughts ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How long since your procedure? Have you experienced any kind of 'oops' moment during physio or activity when you think yo may've damaged it?

I've had a tenodesis. I found it unremarkabe, but many folk report spasms in the bicep and pain down the arm, though at what stage exactly, I can't say.

Hope that helps a little ;-/

NICK

• Posted

Hi Nick

Operation in January this year. No "Ooops" moment that I'm aware of. Everything has been good till recently...

Seeing GP tomorrow so I may learn more after my appointment 

• Posted

Hi David

A frozen shoulder?😞. Is your movement any less? I do hope it's not.

Tracey x

• Posted

Hello Tracey

i do hope it's not frozen shoulder. Movement is good still.

Its a stabbing type pain, more at night than day

Hope all is well with you ? x

• Posted

Update

I have now been Pescribed Diclophenac with Tramadol to see if that helps with pain relief. My concern is that I will become excessively drowsy which will impact on work especially when I'm on a late shift or on call

• Posted

Hi,

Good news. You're probably aware thatthe Diclophenac is an anti inflammatory and the Tramadol is for masking pain, but does make you drowsy, so you might want to reserve that for night time.

If the Diclophenac doesn't work, you can also try Naproxen, which many doctors are prescribing instead. I take it and it hepls.

Best of luck, NICK

• Posted

Thanks Nick

fingers crossed that it will be successful and work 😊

• Posted

Hello David

how long did you have off work before going back to light duties

I had my op 6 weeks ago it was open surgery for a subacromial decompression with physio I seem to have hit a wall and now need more pain relief to get me through each session

certainly cannot drive yet and yes Naproxen in a great drug for inflammation and pain relief

• Posted

Hi Tracy

I was off for 14 weeks before returning to work on light duties. 

Physio was going really well until recently and now I'm taking more painkillers than before the procedure 

Im now using Tramadol and Diclophenac 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.