Back to work and feel awful

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there wondering how any of you ladies have been coping with your return to work. I've gone back this week after 3 month absence post TAH. I'm a teacher and on a phased return so only doing half days this week and mainly afternoons. Trouble is the job can never be just your directed hours it's the prep, marking and liaising with TAs and parents that come into it too. I'm on Day 3 and feel exhausted. Also coming down with a cold and who knows what else after had child vomiting in my classroom yesterday! My normal cast iron immunity just won't be up to scratch yet! This is so hard. How is everyone else coping?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally I am 16 weeks post op I think i had my op on the 15th Nov 2014. I've just gone back to work this week 9 till 2 min Tues ans wens. It's been ok but I do stand on my feet. By the time I get home my tummy looks 5 months pregnant. I could never have gone back after 12 weeks. I think it's still too early for you. I would or still give it another 3 to 4 weeks. You need to have your mind right. Hope this helps xx
  • Posted

Take it easily lovely. I am signed off for another 8 wks. I am 5wks TAH . I honestly dont know how u r doing it hun. Please be careful. Get plenty of rest when you can. Keep us updated how you are going lovely xx
    • Posted

Thanks Megan and Sam. . I feel a bit better today. Thanks to my TAs who helped me loads with quite a full on afternoon of science and technology. The kids are great and I love their enthusiasm, it all the other stuff that comes with the job that adds to the strain. My hubby works away from home at least 1-2 days a week so just me and my 8 year old. I'm sure it will get better but I do feel sore by the evening. Hope you all ok. It's very reassuring to know I'm not alone.
    • Posted

Morning Sally

I hope you more better as the days gos on.

Iam very sore and my lower back pain as rtn thankgod it's Thursday Iam off till next Tues now.

That's good of your ta ans it sounds like they are all supporting you at school.

You Tc you are doing so well xx

• Posted

Hi I'm 7 weeks post op and have been back at work since last week I must be one of the lucky ones all ok I work in a care home on the housekeeping / laundry team very active 12 hour shifts just take it easy and listen to your body x
  • Posted

i hope i'm one of the lucky ones as my work have told me they will expect me back after 6 weeks, i'm only sitting at a desk advising on benefits and council tax but is mentally very stressful. Apparently all previous people within the council have returned from TAH's after 6 weeks so a precident has been set. I'm sure i will be okay lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.