Back to work tomorrow ....

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi Guys,

Well the time had come that I must return to work!!! I've been off for 3 months and it's been a hard slog but I think I'm now ready to face the world!!!

I've found this forum invaluable and will certainly be checking you all out at the end of the day!!

Take care of yourselves!!

😅😅😆😆😆

3 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I haven't spoken to you as yet, but will be thinking of you going back to work, must be scary, just in case you can't do as much as you thought, on the other side of the coin, maybe you can do a lot more, .as long as you don't over do it. Good luck😀👍
  • Posted

Well done you have got through this !

I went back to work 3 weeks ago was a bit wobbly at first and a bit out of the loop but coped better than I thought I would.

I get up every 30m for a walk around the building and do stretches at the copier and vending machine plonk my leg on a table with many books on so that I can elevate (ok getting leg up but a struggle getting it off again) and massage when no one is looking !

Am going to have a go at driving myself to work next week so hopefully another box to be ticked.

Go steady remember to rest and look after I ourself and your precious new knee

• Posted

That sounds like good advice. I was told that I need to get up and move about every hour so will make sure I do!! 😉😉
  • Posted

I have been off 16 weeks this week but because I teach they day I haven't got a due care towards the children yet..haha that sounds good...just means I can't quite get down to the floor quick enough if they need me to... or run...er yes run...if a child collapsed or hurt themselves....also I can't put my leg up when I want or sit for long when I go back... so am still home and going to make the most of rehabilitating myself ready to go back eventually and enjoy what I do without pain...good luck with going back to work and don't overdo it
    • Posted

Oh yes definitely make the most of it especially as the weather looks like it's getting better!!! 😅😅😉😉
  • Posted

Hi. I am 17 days tkr can't imagine 3 months from now, but I will have to return to work at that time.

We all follow the posts good and bad, I will be interested to hear how you get on, so keep us posted!!     And good luck getting back to the big world. Lol 

sue x 

• Posted

Thanks Sue ... I couldn't imagine going back to work at 17 days either!! Couldn't imagine much at that stage to be honest!! 😂😂😂. Hope everything goes well and I'll keep you posted!! Xx
    • Posted

Yes - its hard to imagine - I remember thinking I would go back after 6 weeks! Ended up with exactly 3 months off but to be honest think I should have had another couple of weeks as only now do i feel really ready. 
    • Posted

I know what you mean. I was nowhere near ready at 6 weeks and I'm still unsure about returning tomorrow but feel that if I don't go back now then I never will!! Silly really that I'm nervous of going back to my own job!! 😕😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.