Back to work tomorrow ....

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi Guys,

Well the time had come that I must return to work!!! I've been off for 3 months and it's been a hard slog but I think I'm now ready to face the world!!!

I've found this forum invaluable and will certainly be checking you all out at the end of the day!!

Take care of yourselves!!

😅😅😆😆😆

3 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good luck on your return to work keep us posted on your progress I have got another 6 weeks to go x
    • Posted

Thank Sharon ... make the most of the next 6 weeks ... they fly by!!! Enjoy!! 😉😉
  • Posted

Good luck I have been back 2 weeks - first weeks was wierd. This week feels like I was never away! I have noticed that stress had made my knee stiff so if you r work is stressful be prepared. 
    • Posted

Thank you!! I can imagine that after one day at my work and it won't feel like I've ever been away 😔😔. Still has to be done!! Xx
  • Posted

Good for you, I'm really chuffed for you.  I'm 10 weeks post op, still struggling with bend but now have half hour sessions hands on with private physio which is helping me tremendously,  so it won't be long before I too will be ready to face the world like you......I agree this forum has been great.
    • Posted

Thanks. Yes it's helped my loads and made me laugh when I just wanted to cry!! Good luck with the physio! 😉😉 xx
  • Posted

Good luck hope you get on okay.  Am back to see the surgeon tomorrow about the manipulation but from all the posts I have decided not to have it done and will keep on exercising.  Will let you know how I get on
  • Posted

Good luck

Don't try to do too much too soon, it'll take a while to get back into the swing of things.

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

ooooooo clarkey good luck im lucky had my TNR 5.3.15 my cons told me no work until july/aug cos he said its so tiring I need time to rest properly before work yipppppppppeeeeeee but il be thinking about ya!!!!
    • Posted

Lol - thanks Andrea!! Make the most of your time off because it comes around way too quickly!! Xx
  • Posted

Good Luck Clarkey, I am going into work tomorrow for the first time to see what I can and can't do. I am 1 day short of 6 weeks but I still only have a bend of 64degrees and just able to get enough movement to drive. Technically you would say this is to early my surgeon did say you should be driving around 5 weeks and back to work around 6 weeks, what a shock reality is thou as I can see it's probably more like your scenario 13 weeks you don't get the complete story from the professionals but I based my decision to do the TKR on doctors comments. I'm going back also more for the mental stimulation as I feel I'm going stir crazy waiting to recover so I think that will help but also only have 4 weeks of paid leave left so if I can do something's even part time it will assist no using all the leave and stuck with no income.

all the best on your return to work....🎉👍🏻

• Posted

Thank you! You are very brave going back after just 6 weeks. I couldn't face it then and asked u consultant to sign me off for another 6 weeks. He even asked if I wanted longer!! Hope it goes well tomorrow .. Fingers crossed! 😉😉
    • Posted

Well Clarkey I went back to work yesterday not with out dramas the evening before I went back to work I got up from the couch took a step and the left knee the one not operated on but needs a TKR also all of a sudden has got a sharp pain on the side and behind the knee which is swollen.....I couldn't believe it the operated one feels ok bar the 70degree bend but the other knee starts giving me grief..

Anyway I woke up yesterday still with the pain and as I walk it got a bit better but still there and I still went in but only half a day.. It was great for my mind to see work colleagues etc for the mind it was great and with my operated right knee it was ok but I have this pain on the opposite leg still even today 2nd day at work which was a full day but I have taken pain relief in the morning, put a bandage on that left knee and also put voltaren gel on it which gave me some relief for short periods and it help.

I'm now in bed with a hot water bottle on that knee which is soothing and hope this helps.

I am thinking all the limping and extra weigh bearing that the left leg has had to take on from the TKR on the right leg is taking a toll now 6 weeks later as that knee also needs a TKR and just hoping it can hold on longer as I'm not ready to do the left and not for awhile..

lets ts hope it only short term...🙏🏻🙏🏻

Well thats my return to work first 2 days eventful bit of unexpected pain but mentally it's been stimulating. 

Will  update on how the week ends up.

Cheers 

Tony

• Posted

Well 2 days in and while I'm glad I went back ... just to see my friends ... I felt completely out of the loop! It's so weird but I feel like I've forgotten what to do!! How stupid is that??

My so called good knee is now painful and I'm hoping it's just because of the extra pressure cause I don't want to have to go through this again!!

Oh well ... here's to day 3!! Good luck!!

😅😅

• Posted

well done Clarkey im glad you're enjoying it I must admit I miss me mates lol. keep going and all the best
    • Posted

Thanks Andrea ... that's the only bonus ... swing my mates!! Couldn't believe how out of the loop I felt though - it was only 3 months!! But getting better with each day!! 😀😅😅
    • Posted

I went to col my grandaughter from school today, my hubby took me cos ive been so down since sat and it was lovely to see the other mums and they came to me asking how it was and I felt normal lol it was lovely to see them so even though I bet your jiggered I bet your lovin it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.