Back to Work tomorrow

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been to see my GP today about going back to work tomorrow on a reduced timetable. It has been 13 weeks since the operation and feel that even though I still have an ulcer down there I need to go back to see if I can cope. They are aware of my problem and that if I became uncomfortable that I will go home.

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good news barbara. I had 13 weeks off following my surgery and I was so pleased I didn't rush things. I also went back on graduated return for 4 weeks but I found I felt able to return full time by the 4th week. Hope everything goes really well for you and keep in touch.
  • Posted

Hi I went bk today 😊
    • Posted

I'm ok for some I was in tears 😟 I work in a little company cafe was just the two of us 7-30 to 2,but in Jan we got took over by another catering company so now it's all changed still me and another lady and now a chef she's bin there since it opened.so she ok with all the changes now we're as me..just burst into tears..prob just a combination on things I hope x
    • Posted

Reason I was in tears x
    • Posted

It's always emotional returning to work after surgery anyway debra and remember even though you are feeling much better and stronger you are not fully recovered and feeling 100%, that can take a few more months. Rest as much as you can and take things slowly.
    • Posted

Oh bless you. I went in today with my certificate to return to work and everyone was pleased to see me. I am a little nervous as 13 weeks is a long time to be off
    • Posted

Ok thank you bin in tears again even now 🙁🙁
    • Posted

Oh debra, bless you. It will get easier and you're probably feeling extremely tired, although you may not realise it. We are all here for you as well and just think of all the helpful advice and support you can give other ladies x
    • Posted

I can't I will have to use it as holiday they would.only pay me 8 weeks that was arranged with my old company this company dosent pay you if ur off sick I used last week as holiday x
    • Posted

There's no need to not go to work is there debra? Have you misunderstood me? I just meant to rest when you get home x
    • Posted

Hi sorry I did lol It's going to take time like you said but at the min I'm a emotional wreck x

• Posted

Thank you for listening xx😘😘
    • Posted

You certainly no how to make me feel better 💕😘
    • Posted

Hi Barbara it's a big shock to the system hope you go on okay xx
    • Posted

debra I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow. Having menopausal symptoms doesn't help of course x
    • Posted

Thank you x I hope so..😘 Did you say you had room in your suitcase for me lol 😳😳🙈
    • Posted

Hi Debra, look after yourself and don't over do it. Take care hun.x😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.