Background BV stories

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I've been dealing with BV for about 8 months now and it's awful. Recently I acquired some boric acid capsules which seem to do the trick if I stay with it long enough. I was curious if anyone would mind discussing how they got their BV. I am married and my husband goes on deployment, well the last deployment maybe a month or so in I noticed the symptoms of BV and have been stuck with them ever since. I have not talked to my husband about them in fear that he would think I've cheated. Since that is one of the top ways that you get it. I am afraid that he will jump to conclusions when really it came out of no where. I have had the iud for about two years now, and thought maybe it had something to do with that. Does anyone have any background on how they came to have BV without a it being sex affiliated?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My started when i got the i.u.d also..
    • Posted

So did mine!ass soon as It was put in it started. My body does not deal well with foreign objects so I should have known it was a bad idea to start with. My body has not felt the same since I had it put it. My symptoms were horrible with the IUD in as well. I would never recommend this to anyone.
  • Posted

Hi zoey!!

Yes I've had BV since I was a young teenager before having sex...this is before knowing not to wear the colored underwear, not using soap down there and whatever my body was senitive to, but as I got older and found out what BV was and got cured I was fine. It's hard not to say on my part that it has nothing to do with sex. Now I haven't had it so much in my life it's crazy!!! My last bf of 5 yrs I didn't have any issue. Now my bf now if a 11/2 yrs I can't seem to keep it away😒 I've been using the boric acid pills which work, but I was told to use it for 6 months straight and then twice a week...like really??? I feel like I'll never get away from it😢 I am 32 yrs old now and I hope and pray that my body isn't full of all bad bacteria that can't disappear

• Posted

Well this is all knew to me and I don't know if I have bv Iv never treated for it not yeast infection but do things wrong down there ️can any one explain the smell symptom ,

Hears what I go through! - the smell is strong ️️an can come through pjs leggins knickers ect, even when I wash morning it's there by noon, but the strange thing is when I go to the toilet and wipe the tissue dosnt smell,? So confused neither do my knickers what the actual hell ? Can certain type of pants make it worse or what I'm so confused hear ️️an what is the smell that it smells off? Is it fish I kinda don't think mine smells like fish it's weird butt hen I fead thrush dosnt have a smell ️xxx

Thanks any one who can help me out a little

• Posted

Hi ,

IUD can definitely cause BV. I married and have recurrent BV every month . It's not transmitted disease so I can't be blamed on cheating but the reason is s small amount of lactobacillus in your vagina of lactobacillus

• Posted

Hi, Zoey. I have been dealing with BV as well for at least 8 months, but probably closer to a year. I only say a year because I kept treating myself for yeast infections because I didn't know about BV. It is not sexually transmitted at all. That's a myth. I've talked to two separate physicians about this, as well as read it online. From what I gathered is that BV occurs when your ph balance is thrown off in your vagina. A normal ph balance in a vagina is 3.8-4.5. The ph balance in semen is about 7-7.1. I used the antibiotics prescribed by my physician a few times, but sure enough it always came back. I used the vinegar treatment and that seemed to work the best; however after my Fiancé and I were intimate it came back. I think it's because male semen has a higher ph balance than what we have in our bodies naturally. The male semen changes our ph balance because it is too acidic of an environment for sperm to survive (which can bring back the BV). I also read on a lot of forums and statements from Doctors that the problem really starts in your gut. I am trying Vitamin C with rosehips in it right now the 500 MG bottle. The brand isn't overly important. You inset it vaginally. It can't be the capsules or chewable. I bought the chalky ones so that they will dissolve and do their job. I always put a tampon in after I insert and usually do it before bed to ensure that the tablet stay put and gives it a chance to tldo the job. You're supposed to do this for about a week. I'm three days in and I'm seeing a bit of results but not a lot. My next step is buying some strong probiotics to take that will balance out the ph level in my vagina. I Google probiotics to cure BV (hoping to leave get some good results) I've also heard that going on a low sugar diet helps a lot too. Hope this helped a bit. Sorry I didn't have more for you, but this is just what I've learned so far. Also a lot of people sag that the Vitamin C is amazing so I guess it works really well for some ; however it isn't a permanent fix. I've read that some women just insert again for another six days when they feel it coming on again.
  • Posted

Hi Zoey101,

I have been dealing with BV for about 17 years. I have tried everything possible. From my own experience, I can tell you when BV is coming back (recurrent) and you are in a monogomus relationship or not, all the partners need to be treated. Male partner can take one dosage of Flagyl - four pills all at once. Female partner can take either 7 days of Flagyl (metranidazol) oral treatment, or Clyndamcin (5 days intravaginal creme).

If you know that you did not have sex and it just happend to you after a menstrual period, you can ask the doctor to prescribe you tinidazole (8 pills) for two days only: 4 pills - first day, the other 4 pills - second day. I hope this information is helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.