Backwards forwards backwards.

Posted , 3 users are following.

well it's 23 days from scarf op, still getting waves of pain, foot and leg goes icy cold and pain across base of big toe....... Still on pain killers as well. Anyone else had this problem?     Thankyou all that have got in touch with me, this site is so good for help! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anita

about 3 weeks after my scarf op I started getting a really freezing cold foot too.  Even when I wrapped it up really warm that didn't help.  I used to shake the whole foot (gently) until it warmed up a bit but it seemed to take ages to warm.  For some reason when my husband took me shopping the foot always seemed to go cold when we were around the fridge sections too!

I also had a pain across the bottom of my nail on my big toe - like there was an elastic band around it.  Glad to say that after about 3 weeks both these sensations/feelings have gone.  Hope yours go soon too.

wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

I cannot believe the pain I have , the same as you , like elastic band around toe, but at the base of the toe.  I keep thinking something has gone wrong here with the op.  It's like the toe is being sliced off,  what can go wrong. I'm back at the hos a week on Monday,  hope I can last till then. 
  • Posted

This has been just the same. Worst eve and night for many days. Icy cold ,awful pain base of big toe. Feels like my foot was in a vice. Up the pain tablets and praying it passes. I'm only in a temp cast as the fibre glass type cast was so painful, hoping the cast will last till jan third  when it should come off.  
  • Posted

Hi Anita,

I had mine done same as your procedure with 3 srews inside the big toe on 1st Oct 2013. I was not taking any painkillers after 10 days as the pain was bearable. After 24 weeks felt abit pain when I walk continuously for about 1 hour. The Surgeon told me during the appointment on the 8th month that the recovery was 85%. I wonder what will be his comment when I see him on 29 Dec 2014.

You can see that I have gone through the rehabilitation period for more than a year. Luckily the company that I work with allow me to wear croc shoe.

However I am very glad that I had done this operation as I can have my nice foot back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.