Bacterial vaginosis help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had bacterial vaginosis on and off for a year now. It's ruining my sex life and self esteem and i feel like I'm so upset over it I'm starting to get depressed. I just finished another round of doxycycline have been taking rephresh probiotics drinking kefir and inserting plain dannon yogurt. I still have fishy smelling discharge and burning. I'm supposed to spend a weekend with a guy I've been wanting to be intimate with for a while now and I can't tell him bc we aren't in a relationship where I feel comfortable exposing that much. He said he loves giving oral and now I'm even more scared that this isn't going to go away in time. I have a week. And if I do get it to go away were spending a whole weekend together, is there anything I can do after sex each time to keep it from coming back instantly? I've heard of using peroxide. Would that be safe for oral afterwards? I feel like I'm never going to get over this and it upsets me so much.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I truly feel you. I have gone to depression and lost self esteem due BV too. I mean I dont know if it was BV ... but yes, fishy smelly vagina, sometimes the smell could be so worse that I could just smell it when I am shifting my legs. ... sad in the same forum, i tried inserting vitamin C-1000 with rose hips (greenlife brand) at night before going to bed and in the morning I orally took probioic 1billion active (Pearls) .. in two days, the smell vanished. smile But i do not know if its a side effect of this? But I got thrush (yeast infection) after....But smell completely vanished. I did the internally inserting Vitamin C - 1000 for two weeks. After which, I treated my thrush with Monistat 3-day treatment pack (this comes with inserts, a cream for itchiness. After the 3 day treatement my Thrush also disappeared. smile Happy as I could be... However note that I have refrained from sex during the treatment phase (1 month)... sad 

Now I continue to orally take probitoc (Pearls 1 billion) every morning, and the same Vitamin C 1000 with rose hips orally during at night before going to sleep. No inserts currently. My Vagina is fresh and no smell at the moment. smile 

But also I havent had sex after being cured yet. I am taking a break from sex (both oral and vaginal for 3 months just bring back natural flora to my vagina) I have to see if it reoccurs after oral sex again now.... Hope this helps ...

• Posted

Hey random question... Did you ever feel a burning feeling while dealing with bv? I get this random burning feeling but only once or twice a week at random ?? and I am currently doing the suppression therapy with metrogel twice a week and fluconazole once a week.

Haven't had a yeast infection or thrush and have been diagnosed with bv off and on for the past year.

• Posted

I do get the burning sensation. And like you said at random. Then it'll feel normal again. It's quite frustrating.

• Posted

hey .. yes, i have had burning sensation once when the BV was at its most irritabel stage. 
    • Posted

Update: after two months of above treatment and BV free

So I got my second cycle of BV free periods, Its not smelly, no burning or no irritation. Everything seems perfect. I am now waiting to see if the aura changes after my periods. 

• Posted

Take boric acid suppositories vaginally for 2-3 weeks and one suppositories after each inter course . Tampons with hydrogen peroxide diluted in 1/2 of water head s lot with smelly discharge
  • Posted

hello i had BV for 3 or 4 years .. idk exactly .... you dont have to let it ruin your sex life... you can drink apple cider vinigar when you wanna have sex its works for about a day and a half before the odor comes back.... you can get some things th squeeze up there that helps out too... but my bf didnt go away till the beginning of my  my 11 th grade year .... im a senior now... work on the depression ..  i was always down .. i kept myself busy i always had sonething to do i never gave my self time to think about it because i over think... use different soaps... i took olive leaf extract .. i drunk vinigar .. girl dont let it ruin your sex life you control it it dsnt control you ... noone ever smelt me .. i carried extra everything extra panties extra pants.. panyliners wipes .. a rag and some soap ... it may seem embarrasing but really its just trying to keep a top on the situation at hand .... my bv just went away... like that gone .. after years of infection.. but that might not be the case for you or anybody else ... i had sex all the time i also  had a bf .. when my vagina wasnt feeling good i had to say no .. but when i could or wanted to i did a temporary "fix" because NOTHING worked everything i tried was temporary so i had to work with what i could .. i hope i helped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.