Bacterial vaginosis help

Posted , 4 users are following.

At first I'd like to start out with saying hi everyone, I'm a 19 yr old girl and I have bacterial vaginosis. It all started from me taking antibiotics and the problem started for me almost a year ago.

my symptoms are;

Milky sticky gooey discharge to watery and clear. I sometimes have a fishy to metal like smell, I have pelvic pains sometimes and from reading these forums, I've read other women do too. Itching is an annoying one, sometimes a burning sensation.

I have a boyfriend so sex is a difficult task sometimes because I also tend to get dry easily and the gross discharge does not help that situation either.

So yeah I've had enough, I'm stumped because I felt like I have tried a lot and I can't seem to find something that works really, even for temporary relief. Through out the year I've had maybe one or two days or relief but not complete relief even.

I've tried;

Antibiotics (metrodinazole), pro-biotics(rhamnosus reuteri), folic acid, garlic supplements, inserting vitamin c into vagina, rephresh pro b vaginal gel, lemon water, boric acid suppositories, douching with probiotics, probiotic suppositories, inserting Greek yogurt. There might be more but this is all I can think of for now.

Either these made it worse or they simply made no changes or very slight improvements.

I am currently drinking kefir, taking rhamnosus reuteri probiotics and taking vitamin d supplements everyday (my blood work showed low vitamin d levels). So I hope maybe kefir and this vitamin d make some sort a big change, for the better.

All in all I am pretty healthy. My hormones are in tact, I eat healthy, I take care of my health with exercise. I don't use tampons, I try to wear cotton underwear, and I only shower down there with warm water. Oh and of course the famous wiping from front to back, yes that too.

I am simply seeking out to you ladies, if I am maybe overlooking something or if any of you have some advice for this. I will report my progress with my current treatment route. Thanks for reading and for your time :-) :-)

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You have tried everything. Currently my BV has come back due to around of antibiotics. My pain is basically from my vagina, outer lips to my anus. It's a pain in the ass. Literally at this point. How far does your pain spread?

I keep mine at bay throughout the year by taking 2 probiotics daily, washing with the special vaginally soap, as well as the gel. My period makes it uncomfortable but most of the month I'm fine.

My hormones are horrible.

• Posted

Hi delkris!!

Thanks for your response, yes I've tried a lot but maybe there might be more to try out there. My pain is just in my pelvic area, I wouldn't say vaginal pain, unless it's during sex because it does feel tender down there. I think you might want to go to a gyno for the hormone problem! I'm sure they can do some blood work and figure out what to do, that might be why it keeps coming back. I also don quai root helps with hormonal balance. Try to read about it. Hope this helps!!

• Posted

Well the pelvic region would include the vagina and anus. I have PCOS which is the cause of my hormonal issues. The burning is what I cannot stand. On top of this I get boils (hereditary) down there and and under my breasts due to the hormones. My mom dad and brother all have the same issues with boils. This all sucks!
    • Posted

It's more like right below the hip bones for me! And more in the center. Have you ever tried hormone therapy or anything?? I think maybe your gyno would recommend something that works for you. The bv needs to go away already!!

• Posted

Hi gabby maybe you should try inserting acidolphilus pills into your vagina
    • Posted

Hi lashanda!!

Yes that is another one I have tried, actually douching with acidophilus. It gave me worse symptoms, and caused some swelling. Thank you for your advise though, I have heard it has worked for some!!

• Posted

Hey

I was told by completely eliminating sugar and eating lots of green veggies, no wheat/ carbs for 2 months along with a pro biotic fem do philus will do the job.

• Posted

Hi, yes I really don't eat sugar filled foods, I'm a big veggie lover. For the carbs, they are very important for an energy source for your body, so eliminating might work for the bv, but it's not doing your body much good I don't think. It's also very hard to keep up with because there are carbs in a lot of foods. I believe there is another way to kick out bv. Say no to sugar and wheat but yes to carbs, just because it might cause other health issues later. Thanks for your response!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.