BAD ANXIETY AFTER 5 WEEKS ON CITALOPRAM

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi been on citalopram for 5 weeks now, my main issue was anxiety on a sunday night and i had a few beers yesterday and last night really bad anxiety are these tablets not meant to take this away, when will this happen!!

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, I'm on wk 5 (20mg) and anxiety really bad today, I took my tab at 8am and I am still feeling really sick.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

are you im not sick at all just hate this anxiety, have to laugh at people on here dont drink on them pharmacist say you can have a drink like i drink socially at the weekend few beers hardly over the top i thought the tablet was meant to wipe the anxiety out, doc says can take another few weeks.x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jane, today I was exceptionally sickly,not been as bad for a few weeks. But i took an omeprazole tablet this morning so dont know if that interacted with the citalopram. I googled it and it said these 2 meds are not good together, I then phoned my GP and h said it should be ok, so dont know what to do now. The majority of people say between 5-6weeks to feel improvement...so fingers crossed for you and I x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think this tablet not should be take with drinks !

however, is stil early day to recover

take Dizepam to help u with anxiety

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Jane, Jane, Jane!

Cita is not a pill you can pop as some kind of quick fix hoping that you can just carry on with your life. Especially, washing it down with alcohol.

Cita is a sticking plaster for the brain which needs time to slowly repair the damage that had them prescribed to you in the first place for.

Please don't use comments like "have to laugh at people here dont drink on them" when talking to someone who, like the rest of us 'here', needs support and not throw away comments like that. Returning to alcohol after you are better is a long way down the road from where anyone new is now. I find that comment personal to a lot of us irresponsible and childish.

Citalopram causes anxiety to be able to fix it, for one thing, it also takes as long as it takes and many people who use the site have added extras in the form of some side effects. Not even your GP can put a time on how long any one will take to get better as we are all so different. 

Please if you want to carry on and pop pills "have a good time" do so, but don't encourage people here who are, like many of us, ill to be as irresponsible as you!

David

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i am hardly washing it down with alcohol i work full time am entitled to a few beers at the weekend mind your own business and by the way i am not popping pills looking for a quick fix either!!!!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Jane,

We are all busy people one way or another, at work, at home, with families and just trying to get better.

This forum is an all inclusive one where everyone helps each other and if you spend some time here you will get to understand that is all anyone wishes to do. It is a life line for so many and I mean (sometimes) a life line. We all see it and say it as it is, but remembering to support each other.

If you want help to get through whatever brought you here then this forum is the place, someone will help, support and guide you. 

David

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm about 2.5 weeks in and I have suddenly hit rock bottom. I feel awful. Please don't tell me this gets worse? Feel like I'm losing my mind
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Paul

It sounds like you are going through the worst stage. I too was feeling like you but it will pass.

I actually went back to the doctors after 10 days and told him exactly what you just said .. I think I'm losing my mind as I wasn't sleeping , eating, constantly thinking and worring about everything .

Not saying you need this but the doctor gave me some sleeping tablets to give my body time to rest as I wasn't sleeping at all . This was a great relief for me .

Please keep going with your tablets as it does get better Paul x

Debi x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Paul, ur still at a very early stage of the meds, it will slowly get better but u will always have twists and turns on the road to recovery, im in wk 5 now and still find it a struggle. You will get lots of encouragemenr and reassurance on this forum tho, it has helped me lots. Take Care.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up