Bad anxiety and no sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

Alright, it's been a few days maybe even a week since my last post on here. I felt as if I was doing so good then all of a sudden bam.. Anxiety. It's acting up really bad or at least I think it's anxiety..

I am still waiting to start my physical therapy to fully recover from labyrinthitis. Last night I started getting funny vision, kind of blurry and dizzy. More like a blurry fog though if that makes sense. I fell asleep for a couple hours and then in woke around 2 am.. trying to get back to sleep after that has been a nightmare. I finally started to after dozing off listening to some tv. Then I was starting to get super anxious, my stomach started feeling super sour, and it hurts. I would try to close my eyes and I would have racing thoughts about random things, when I would fall asleep if would be only for maybe 20-30 minutes and in would have weird dreams, and same thing goes for now, I close my eyes and it's like I can't control my thoughts. I also feel like when I shut my eyes I have no control over them. It feels like move all over the place. Is this anxiety? The lack of sleep and the anxiety.. I feel like im going crazy.. I was doing so good then this happened. Am I going to be okay?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know what u mean with fog and dizzy. I get like a heavy full head and dizzy (not off balance but feels it) iv no reason to be anxious at all it just comes with my postnatal depression. I'm on 100mg of sertraline that Dr wants to up to 150mg. Iv had Two weeks of 90% me but o no that didn't last (hate this hell) its hard to believe this is anxiety. I also get very very tired
    • Posted

Rachel,

I've yet to meet someone who has an easy time on sertraline, stuff seems a nightmare for the first few weeks but is good. Saying that I am on paroxetine and that was tough as well

• Posted

Hi Lockerby,

Sorry to hear your not doing so good especially as things were looking up, best nip this in the bud and get you back on track. Couple of things spring to mind 1) any recent changes in meds etc? 2) you been eating okay 3) any increase in anxiety through the day? Sounds like you just had a bad night, I've had similar and they freak you out, especially the next night because you think it will happen again. Tonight I would suggest a very relaxed evening towards bedtime, meditate or using breathing relaxation, hot milk drink etc and try reading it's more calming than TV. Sorry I can't be more help but please let me know how you get on

David

• Posted

I must add I had increased stress which is most lately why I'm rough again. People with mental health can't afford to take on stresses. I hope u have a better night tonight smile try and chill few hours before bed x
  • Posted

In trying now too, as soon as I start to drift to sleep I start getting anxious super bad. My stomach hurts and I start to feel add if I'm going crazy. Is like my body or mind is fighting the sleep. Is terrifying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.