Bad Anxiety today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on Mirtazapine for several months and starting to feel better, well most days. Hád a bit of a wobble during week. But I went out with my friend last night and we had a bottle of wine each and I feel so bad today. Do you think it's the wine that caused it.   anybody advise me on this one.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I dont use that medicine can you even drink when on that? Interactions can make you deel awful and some can be dangerous,
    • Posted

I think you can drink moderately, but it's so long since I have drank wine and it has made my anxiety so bad today. Will not be doing that again.

• Posted

You absolutely can't drink alcohol with mirtazapine. See my reply below!

Tess

• Posted

Alcohol is a depressant so yes, the next day you may be a little more anxious. I know people who don't suffer from anxiety and they feel it the day after.

• Posted

YES!

This happened to me after drinking alcohol whilst on mirtazapine. I forgot I shouldn't drink and just went out for dinner and had two drinks.

My face went bright red and I could barely walk. My husband had to help me back to our hotel.

Conclusion - no alcohol while on mirtazapine.

• Posted

Thanks Tess...lesson learned , just stupidity on my part.
  • Posted

I'm on mitrazepine and you shouldn't drink on it ! It's highly likely that that is the cause of you feeling so bad today

• Posted

Quite right. It says it clearly on the box when you get it from the pharmacy.
    • Posted

I've been t total since may ! I drank on mitrazepine once and never again I was ill for days afterwards

• Posted

got this on google

"Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of mirtazapine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use ofalcohol while being treated with mirtazapine."

Maybe a glass on a full stomach, but a whole bottle might be a bit much. Maybe you could drink a couple big glasses of water and see if it helps to flush some of the toxicity out of your system. 

hope you feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.