bad anxiety upsetting me so much

Posted , 3 users are following.

so ive taken a zopiclonr hoping it will calm me but been taking one every night for tje past week. 

im hetting chills and habing awful thoughts that ill be sick which is my biggest fear.

its really ipserring me and causing me to not sleep.

my nly is making funny npises and im  worried ill puke. which is spurring mybanxiety really bad 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Zopiclone is a hypnotic and should make you sleep. If you fight it by succumbing to your anxieties and not sleeping, things will become much worse.

I'd advise you to learn to de-stress a bit more rather than rely on medication. Start with breathing techniques; possibly look into mindfulness and awareness courses, meditation and so on. If you need a basic breathing technique, I can give one that I use if you like.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

morning tanya,  it did the same to me, only took it once, ,freaked me out, awake all night shaking ,sweating,  hallucinating, if they offer you an alternative called p..g...lin. for your health and sanity, do not take it,it's as bad,if not worse than zop. I am currently addicted to p..g..lin I  took it very short term, highly addictive .very painful side effects, same with withdrawal.look through the list of drugs beginning with P and fill in the dots.take care
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Pregabalin/Lyrica?

The right course of action for anxiety is not to take medication at all. All anti-anxiety drugs can cause dependence - face it, who wouldn't want to be relaxed all the time in this world nowadays?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

agree with you 100%, but sometimes we  don't  have any other option, this medication was forced on me, with an  :or else:  having refused meds in hosp,  I have low tolerance of lots of meds that freak me . the world  used to be  a better place , sadly  those days have gone.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's very difficult to offer any words of sympathy when I don't understand your history, Rosemary, or the predicament that led you to being forced medication. People in this day and age generally aren't administered medication without prior consent from a next of kin (in the event the patient is incapable of giving their consent) and I would urge you, if you have a problem with your treatment, to make a complaint. I would also not advise you to tell people what medication they should and shouldn't take for the same reason I wouldn't advise a doctor do it either, and that's because it's a mistake to assume that one size fits all.

Drug experiences are all entirely subjective and individual and what you experienced may not necessarily be what another experiences. I personally wouldn't say "don't take any drugs; none whatsoever" without at least considering what condition a person has. As a person who understands clinical anxiety and depression, I would urge people with similar conditions to experiment with talking therapies first and treat medication as an absolute ABSOLUTE last option.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The BEST course of action is not to NEED to take anti-anxiety med, but if you don't catch it as it's building you may be too wound up for it to have proper effect.  I've had this for at least 20 years and sometimes I can sit in the garden, listen to wind chimes and our bubbling fountain. and I can regulate my breathing and the headache goes away and I "unclench."  Sometimes not and the ONLY thing that will work is an Ativan.  I may take it once a month or even less.  But as I've gotten older I've noticed that my anxiety has a very short fuse.  It's very unhealthy to let anxiety be untreated.  It affects blood pressure, psoriasis, and other immune system conditions because you are releasing adrenaline which puts you in fight or flight mode. That is why Type A people are prone to heart attacks.  Check out You Tube to see if they have a video on anti-stress exercises. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up