Bad Anxiety With Bad Physical Symptons

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had anxiety for the past year. Normally it would only kick in when I was doing something big like going to a concert or going into the city.

Recently my anxiety has been very presistent. I feel it at every moment of the day with no end in sight.

My anxiety displays itself with severe stomach pain in the form of constant stomach pain and the constant feeling of sickness, meaning I always have a sick bowl on hand.

My doctor has prescribed 10mg of Amitryplene and have been on it for about a year.

Its getting to the point where my panic attacks are happening every couple hours leaving my feeling completely dead. I believe it’s seriously impacting on my mental state as I know rarely sleep.

I don’t know where to go, was considering going to A&E but not sure. I’ve been to several therapists which seem to have little effect.

Any advice would be amazing. Feeling really hopeless and tired right now.

Extra Info - Diagnosed with Asbergers in 2008

Im 17 years old

I have athsma with no presistent symptoms.

Currently awaiting surgery for a hernia

Currently applying to University

Once again any help will be really appreciated!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi Darren. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this and I know it can feel terrible. The problem with anxiety and panic is that doctors can't really do much except prescribe anti-anxiety medication and suggest therapy.  They can't see what we go through like they can see somebody is broken arm. So it's difficult. 

what has helped me over the years is listening to some great audio meditations on YouTube for anxiety, sleep,  depression etc. they help you put anxiety in perspective and help you separate negative thoughts from yourself. Those thoughts create the anxiety and symptoms. 

You can listen to audio's for  PANIC ATTACK  help on YouTube!

They help you through them and I believe there are several on there to choose from. 

Listen  to several in choose the one or ones that you like.   If you have headphones or earbuds use those. 

I think the audios  could really help you! 

another one that I think could help you is called  mindfulness breathing guided meditation 10 minutes.  That one is for proper breathing during anxiety and it's great! 

Another  I really like a short one called mindfulness  meditation  guided 10 minutes . It shows you how to focus  and you can do this anytime you start to feel anxiety.

There are so many to choose from!  

these meditations completely relax my mind, body and symptoms I may be having .

mindfulness is in approach used all over the world to help manage anxiety, depression, negative thoughts etc. there is a book with that same title that is white with a ball of string on the cover. Millions of people have read it and it's worth reading. 

The worst thing to do is think about anxiety and the symptoms because it will get worse.   When you get an anxious thoughts, don't try to fight them off but instead in a relaxed manner acknowledge that they are present and observe them for a few seconds. Then as the observer, watch them float off and dissolve. Do this every time you get  and anxious or negative thoughts. All these things are taught in that book and on the meditations. 

so try to stay as active as you can, eat healthy, socialize a little, don't forget to laugh and smile. Try not to take life too seriously. That's what I did. 

I really do hope you feel better soon and let us know how you're doing!

Stay focused in school and take one day at a time and you will do great! ??????

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response. I’ll make sure to look into those. Just hard to deal with the constant stomach pains lol.
    • Posted

Yes, got tested for IBS but came back all clear however over the past week whenever I go to toilet I find blood on the stool, should I mention this to my GP?
  • Posted

Hi Darren,

Congratulations in advance! I see you are applying for college. I know it was a very stressful time for me when I left high school and was trying to decide what I wanted to do in life.I see besides your anxiety you have a few other health issues. I know how you feel and you are not the only one who has to deal with these things. People on this site have shared some good ideas and I have learned from what others offered. What works for me is to have a check list of things I need to do each day to help with my depression and anxiety. Some things on that list is diet, 20 Minutes meditation, exercise, reading and positive thinking. You are going to be just fine Darren. So hang in there!lol

• Posted

Thanks for the response I’ll try some of the meditation things tonight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.